5w20 PYB or MC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been charged with maintaining several cars that spec
5w20. They are from various manufacturers including Ford, Mazda, Toyota, Chrysler, & Maybe an Acura.
Given the choice or running either Pennzoil YB or Motorcraft
in 5w20, which would you choose ? Both are $11.50 for 5 qts at my WM. I'm gonna stock up soon and just wanted to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,
Justin

I'd run either with confidence. Since we don't see Motocraft in Canada, I've been running PZYB in our Honda's since 2003.

Thanks,

I know that there both good oils, just having trouble deciding what to keep in stock.

Those are 2 of my favorite oils and I would be confident with either. If forced to choose I'd probably go with PYB.

Been asked many times, my answer, can't go wrong with either. But, I give the edge to MC Syn Blend because I've used it in an 01 Honda Civic since Honda's recommended change to 5w20.

MC Syn Blend was the first 5w20 I could easily find at Wally World for DIY on the Civic. MC was also the first 5w20 I could find in 5qt jugs for a lower price than quarts.

I know that it's been said before that PYB is a Group II+ oil.
And in some instances has Group III in the mix (per the email Johnny listed from a SOPUS product engineer) This makes it almost a blend right ?
Anyone know what Group Motorcraft 5w20 Syn Blend is ?

Thanks,
Justin

I'd go PYB. I'm assuming that some of these are other peoples vehicles. The average person is familiar with the Pennzoil name, and seeing a name they know will make them feel better about it. Unless you're a fomoco junky, MC isn't as common.

Quote:
Unless you're a fomoco junky, MC isn't as common.
In the 5w20 visc., I wouldn't be so sure about that.
21.gif

I'm using PYB because I got it for $10 (5 quarts AND a filter!) but I also have some ProLine 5W-20 that I plan on using as well, but that's kind of off-topic.
55.gif
If I didn't have to go to Wal-Mart to get a good price on Motorcraft I would choose that instead.

Originally Posted By: HARTZSKY
Do you know how much Motorcraft WM has in stock? Usually when I look they have it but not alot, where as PYB is plentiful. Just a thought

Definately something to consider.
Though I still haven't decided yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back