4.6 Grand Marquis LS 98 RPM's

Do anyone know why when I put D in my shifter, rpm's slow down a little bit and then recover? I already cleaned the throttle body and IAC and this is the same. Anything that I am missing? Thanks

Do anyone know why when I put D in my shifter, rpm's slow down a little bit and then recover? I already cleaned the throttle body and IAC and this is the same. Anything that I am missing? Thanks
seems to me that every fuel injected car in the world does something similar that . you missing nothing as long as its a minor drop. if it just about stalls you have other issues

seems to me that every fuel injected car in the world does something similar that . you missing nothing as long as its a minor drop. if it just about stalls you have other issues
Ok thanks, how many rpm's down is normal? cause it feels like it is going to turn off, but just after that recovers the rpm's

Look for the Motorcraft brand.

And also make sure you're not getting counterfeit parts; sadly common from disreputable sources these days.
Get the parts from a dealer, or a good source like ORs, AAP, etc. I find great concern in Amazon and Ebay parts from third party sellers ...
There are several online dealerships that sell/ship stuff. Tasca Ford is one I've used before.

What year are we talking? Once they went TBW I thought there was no IAC.

If he's TBW then OP should wipe the memory by discharging w a jumper wire and let it relearn throttle trims as he says he cleaned the tb.

What year are we talking? Once they went TBW I thought there was no IAC.

If he's TBW then OP should wipe the memory by discharging w a jumper wire and let it relearn throttle trims as he says he cleaned the tb.

Grand Marquis LS 98, I just removed the positive of the battery and after 5 minutes I installed again, no problem with that. Or this procedure is required?

Grand Marquis LS 98, I just removed the positive of the battery and after 5 minutes I installed again, no problem with that. Or this procedure is required?
You are taking a chance by removing the positive lead before first removing the negative. If your goal is to reset the computer, you can accompish the same thing by removing the negative lead.

Back