3M scratch remover etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all i picked up the 3m lens cleaner kit for 10$ at kmart and than i bought the 3m paint scratch kit for 20$. I havent used either but the reviews are good.. The kits require a drill to use. Wondering if anyone has used these kits before with good results? How much area can i cover with this kit? Im guessing it is possible to just use 3000 grit sandpaper and than compound afterwards. Im planning on getting a griots or porter cable down the road, but figured id try out the 3m kit. I have a ton of swirls and webbing on my paint and i want it gone. Let me know your experiences! Also 3m synthetic wax, any good? Thanks

Little advice take your headlights out to restore them the finished product will be better because you can adequately reach all the corners and that way you dont scuff the bumper with the drill.

I've used the headlight kit on Dodge Caravan headlights that were badly pitted and hazy. I had good results. I had to get more compound since I ran out with very bad pits. Key is TAKE YOUR TIME! Don't rush, it will take time to get good results. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back