35 Remmington

Couldn't find anything online? ammoseek and other sites show availability.
Its hard to consider $57 a box "available" haha. ouch

I'd suggest going to a few good sites like academy and midwayusa and sign up to be notified when its back in stock..

Its hard to consider $57 a box "available" haha. ouch

I'd suggest going to a few good sites like academy and midwayusa and sign up to be notified when its back in stock..
It ain't cheap and i doubt such an uncommon old cartridge is gonna pop up again. And if it did it's likely to be more expensive in store. Comparable grade online bought ammo with shipping included is typically cheaper by a good degree. Haven't bought ammo in store in years.

It ain't cheap and i doubt such an uncommon old cartridge is gonna pop up again. And if it did it's likely to be more expensive in store. Comparable grade online bought ammo with shipping included is typically cheaper by a good degree. Haven't bought ammo in store in years.
35 Remington isn't really uncommon. With less popular cartridges ammo manufactures tend to make a big run seasonally then that's all there is until the next run, so it will show up in stock and then you better stock up. Just went through this with 6.5 carcano. None available for months then its everywhere for a good price then it slowly dries up again.

With less popular cartridges ammo manufactures tend to make a big run seasonally then that's all there is until the next run, so it will show up in stock and then you better stock up. Just went through this with 6.5 carcano. None available for months then its everywhere for a good price then it slowly dries up again.
This is it exactly. As popularity dies off, so does production. It takes time and money to set up a production line to produce a given caliber. Popular calibers like .223 / 5.56 MM, .308 and .30-06 are run all year long because there is a constant demand.

However with the less popular hunting cartridges, they only run a small production run once a year to meet the small demand they expect. If it sells out, that's it until the next production run is made. This also keeps the price up as well.

Most ALL of the big bore African cartridges are manufactured in this manner. They're hard to find in stock, and can cost well over $10.00 a round if and when you do find them.

Some like the .416 Rigby, and .460 Weatherby can easily run $200.00+ a box..... When they're in stock.

35 Remington is actually pretty popular around here for deer hunting. Way more effective on deer than the.30-30 and about the same range. Used in the Marlin 336 and some older Rem. 760 pumps. Good luck finding some. Inventories seem to be improving some after hunting season closed.
Just about everything firearm related is in short supply.

Some like the .416 Rigby, and .460 Weatherby can easily run $200.00+ a box..... When they're in stock.

My dad had a Weatherby 300 mag with a pencil barrel and it was painful and really unpleasant to shoot . I couldn't imagine more recoil.

I am lucky my son found and bought me 3 new boxes for my birthday. He want's one of my Marlins.
My 35 cal Marlins are gone.....no longer hunt...

But still have 357...44.....45 Colt(s)

Over the years...I've had 444's.....45-70's......38-55....35's.....of all sorts

They'll never build pre safety (pre 1983) Marlins again.....):

So many older cartridges that were once pretty common are now difficult to find. If I recall correctly, the .25, .30, .32 and .35 Reminton cartridges originally were used in the model 8 Remington autoloader rifle. About 1910? The .35 Remington and now and then, the .30 Remington were common sights in Pa. Almost always in the model 14 and 141 pump rifles. An uncle of mine had a gun shop in the basement of his restaurant from about 1960 to about 1990. I remember the long line of used model 14's in his shop in the early '60s. They certainly took a lot of deer.

I only checked Midway, but they had none in stock, with one expected.

I feel lucky to find a box of .308 on the shelf at Walmart these days. The older, less popular rounds are going to be a while before they are readily available and more affordable again.

Back