3 Pack of Pennzoil Synthetic Euro L 5W-30 5qt. for $43.29 ($2.89/qt) @ Amz

Ordered a case. If I order any more my wife will probably kill me. I paid $27 at Walmart for one 5qt jug that went in the Tucson. I have some 5W-30 Euro L sitting on the shelf for next OC in the Pilot due to very short trips and not getting to temperature.

This oil is fine for turbo gdi and na gsi. It's not high saps and is dexos gen 2.

With the total quartz options we had several months ago, there was Ineo and 9000. The INEO was low saps and fine for gdi. The 9000 was high saps and not.

This pennzoil euro L is more like Ineo.

I ordered 3. That way if its one jug then I can say I got 1 case and get a refund on the other 2. If its 3x3 then even better
That may or may not work....I see people receiving random quantities if you read the reviews....order 6, get 2, etc.

Not ideal for majority USA-bound TGDI / GDI 3/4 cyl engines. Even some six cylinders.
Being SN, lots of Calcium and very little of Magnesium. Expect more carbon buildup.
Every motor oil producer has something with a similar recipe.... Castrol, Mobil, Valvoline.....etc.
Why is it not ideal for GDI? Why do you say it's high calcium and more carbon buildup, when it's low saps, Dexos2?

Last edited:
IF you do get the wrong item Call amazon 1-888-280-4331 and act dumb. They will usually give you more options that returning it.

Got to keep a couple cans of motul when they were sending singles instead of 10 packs. etc

IF you do get the wrong item Call amazon 1-888-280-4331 and act dumb. They will usually give you more options that returning it.

Got to keep a couple cans of motul when they were sending singles instead of 10 packs. etc
They do that sometimes. I bought some active hearing protection muffs from a guy off Craigslist. He had two sets, new in the box, and claimed they just showed up at his house from Amazon. He tried to return them and Amazon said they couldn't even find that they sent them to him or his GF so "just keep them". Met him at his office...he was a Microsoft guy...everyone made out, but Amazon. I bought both, flipped one on Ebay and mine ended up being "free".

Why is it not ideal for GDI? Why do you say it's high calcium and more carbon buildup, when it's low saps, Dexos2?
Is it low saps or mid-saps? My GDI comment was specific to certain engines in that Sunday post.

The Earth's inhabitants are in a carbon neutral fight to eliminate the carbon footprint greenhouse gases ASAP. You can help by changing your gasoline engine brands purchases from high Calcium oil products to low Calcium oil products. One can buy gasoline engine oils that are both lowered Calcium (carbon fight) and lower emissions (mid saps). Mobil-1, Castrol and Pennzoil Platinum have shaved their Calcium content to around 700-800 these days. Better base oils like Natural Gas sure do help-the-cause.

Diesel Land Europe is not cooperating in the Carbon Neutral fight very well. They still like their motor oils robust and their Becks and Heineken beer at room temperature...... both warm beer and green gassy oil there....well no thanks.

Last edited:
Back