2024 VW GTI SE

Finally scratched a long time itch and got a new GTI. I had one when I was younger and they are just as fun as I remembered but way more refined.
It has optional leather/memory seats and auto dimming mirrors inside and out.
Nice to see the owners manual indicates VW 504 is to be used.
The interior controls are all touch screen or touch panel and I am already getting the hang of them and most things can be done from the steering wheel itself.
Definitely liking the fit and finish and got a pretty good deal at around 11% off msrp and the 360 protection plan that covers windshield, dents or dings and any wheel scrapes or tire damage replaced for five years for $800.
IMG_2171.jpeg
IMG_2171.jpeg
IMG_2174.jpeg
IMG_2173.jpeg
IMG_2175.jpeg
IMG_2172.jpeg
IMG_2177.jpeg
IMG_2176.jpeg

Looks great. Don't they have to ask you permission to stick that Moses badge on the trunk?

No, you're lucky they offered you the priviledge of allowing you to buy the vehicle. (kidding, but kind of true in the current market..)

Congrats, I'm surprised VWOA allows 504.00, it should say only 508.00 under the hood and our manuals say refer to the sticker under the hood.

Either way, great choice!

Wow, the SE comes well equipped. I thought it was an Autobahn. Nice ride. Still on the fence about what to get, but GTI is on the short list. I will wait for the '25 as it is supposed to replace those dang haptic buttons on the wheel with real physical ones. Drove a current one and I just can't get used to them. Kept turning on the heated steering wheel.

No, you're lucky they offered you the priviledge of allowing you to buy the vehicle. (kidding, but kind of true in the current market..)
My dealership is a smaller one and even in the middle of the Covid vehicle shortage they advertised below msrp. My daughter bought a 2022 that May I believe and got it for 1,200 under sticker and they never do add-ons.
I was literally in and out in less than hour.
There were three other people buying new cars at the same time. Two Atlases and a Jetta. They seemed pretty busy for a Monday afternoon.

I have never bought a protection plan in my life but at $800 and it covers glass, dents and dings, and wheels and tires, key fob replacement and repair for five years I couldn’t pass it up.
I had heard in the past that the wheel coverage would only replace one if it wouldn’t hold air but this plan covers even slight scuffs from curbs. I know I will use it for nails on tires as I always pick one up in a new car or a new set of tires within a few months. I’m just lucky that way.

Congrats, I'm surprised VWOA allows 504.00, it should say only 508.00 under the hood and our manuals say refer to the sticker under the hood.

I’m going to check under the hood sometime today. I see the reference to do so in the online manual and the 504 is mentioned in the make up oil section.

My dealership is a smaller one and even in the middle of the Covid vehicle shortage they advertised below msrp. My daughter bought a 2022 that May I believe and got it for 1,200 under sticker and they never do add-ons.
I was literally in and out in less than hour.
There were three other people buying new cars at the same time. Two Atlases and a Jetta. They seemed pretty busy for a Monday afternoon.

I have never bought a protection plan in my life but at $800 and it covers glass, dents and dings, and wheels and tires, key fob replacement and repair for five years I couldn’t pass it up.
I had heard in the past that the wheel coverage would only replace one if it wouldn’t hold air but this plan covers even slight scuffs from curbs. I know I will use it for nails on tires as I always pick one up in a new car or a new set of tires within a few months. I’m just lucky that way.

Yes, that is a good place to buy. We bought our Pilot there.
Dealt with the GM, and he referred us off to his lead salesperson.
Great guy.
Ended up taking my Cousin down later that month, and she bought a new Pilot as well.
They were $4200. less than our local Honda dealer.

Yes upon checking the sticker under the hood does indeed say 508 oil spec. Another thing I noticed was that the engine cover has been upgraded from the nerf style material that seemed to come off and land on the turbo possibly catching fire to the traditional harder plastic.

I truly wish you the best with your new GTI! I've been wanting one for some time now, but just can't get over the reliability concerns with VW products.

Beautiful! I wanted to buy a GTI back in 2007 but my local VW dealer let me know that they couldn't be bothered with ordering a car to my specs. That attitude probably cost them at least 6-7 sales from my household.

I've been wanting one for some time now, but just can't get over the reliability concerns with VW products.

It sounds hypochondriac to me. I have no complaints with my Mk7 GTI.

I wanted to buy a GTI back in 2007 but my local VW dealer let me know that they couldn't be bothered with ordering a car to my specs. That attitude probably cost them at least 6-7 sales from my household.

Sad to read. I use to order every single new car to my particular specs,
I never ever bought a car from the lot. Very common in Europe contrary
to the US.

Back