2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4WD

So, against better judgement on getting a first model year on a complete new re-design I went ahead and went with the all new 4th Gen Tacoma. My 2022 TRD with the 6 speed manual was a good truck, but honestly I was getting tired of shifting the thing. Yesterday I took it on its first mini trip that included several towns with many red lights and a couple mountain passes. So that lead to this decision...

cbkVv3Y.jpg

jUE3QUc.jpg

VFtR46M.jpg

So far so good. The 2.4 turbo seems to have plenty of power and the 8 speed automatic is leaps beyond the 6 speed automatic in the 3rd gens. Didn't even hardly downshift on the hills on the state roads I travel. Also from what the truck was saying I got a hair over 26mpg on the way home from the dealer. This was in town and state 45/55mph roads. Truck is equipped with the SR5 Upgrade Package which has the power sliding glass rear window, heated seats/steering wheel, and JBL sound system. The subwoofer does take up some space behind the rear seat.

After a couple Offroads and a Sport thrown in the mix with the way the options are set the SR5 made sense for me. Has plenty of options and I don't offroad so it does just fine.

This model does have the new coil spring rear suspension. I'm not 100% how it handles compared to the 3rd gens as they have the tires jacked up to 45PSI. I'll have to adjust and update.

I did remove that goofy chin spoiler immediately after getting home.

iEnvEdd.jpg

Will it be reliable? Who's to say. I'm sure something will go wrong, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

It's a good looking truck and a big step forward. My issue with the Taco and 4Runner was always headroom - at 6'5" I had to position the seat so I was looking out the rear window. Is headroom any better? Congrats!

It's a good looking truck and a big step forward. My issue with the Taco and 4Runner was always headroom - at 6'5" I had to position the seat so I was looking out the rear window. Is headroom any better? Congrats!

I'm only 5'8" on a good day, so it's really hard to tell. Rear seat room seems diminished compared to the 3rd gens I want to say?

How do the seats and interior fit+finish compare to your previous Tacoma?

Just as good, if not better honestly. Still getting used to all the buttons and setup, but fit and finish is good.

Coil spring is win.
only time leaf springs might be marginally better is with a full load in the truck and possibly depending on the setup.. when towing a significant trailer.

The rear axle isnt located by the coil springs which gives it a much better ride.

I havent ridden in a 2024 yet (uncle has a 2022?) but the 2020 ram 1500 rides pretty close to a luxury car with the combo of coil springs, big tires, and long wheelbase.

Your a trailblazer Delta. You're the reason we started walking upright to blaze through & sight see and work with a new tool...this Toyota. To be fair though I don't see how anyone can lose on a Toyota but I'll give you credit regardless. Nice & shiny. Love that black on any vehicle & that 2.4L turbo sounds awesome. I'll assume that's an inline 4 cylinder engine?

How many times have you peeked out the window just to look at it... :cool: 😅

Your a trailblazer Delta. You're the reason we started walking upright to blaze through & sight see and work with a new tool...this Toyota. To be fair though I don't see how anyone can lose on a Toyota but I'll give you credit regardless. Nice & shiny. Love that black on any vehicle & that 2.4L turbo sounds awesome. I'll assume that's an inline 4 cylinder engine?

How many times have you peeked out the window just to look at it... :cool: 😅

I sat in my chair in the garage staring at it for a while adult beverage in hand :ROFLMAO:

Being an inline 4 it does sound car like, but I don't mind as it has the power the Tacoma has needed for years!

Yes, I do seem to go through vehicles a lot, but I don't really vacation, party, or otherwise spend money so having something nice to drive is my splurge. People can judge me how they seem fit...

Congrats on the new truck and I hope you get years of trouble free service out of it. And I am guessing your mileage will go up after it's broken in. (y) Keep us posted about that in the future, it would be interesting to know if that 26mpg goes up. I'd say you are already getting excellent mpg for a truck if that's accurate.

I wonder how much that chin spoiler effected the MPG.

If you're bored, buy a current 5th gen 4Runner, and then a 6th gen 4Runner when they come out later this year. Then let us know how they compare. :)

Congrats on the new truck.

nice looking truck..........or all the makes I think Toyota has the best chance of being a good truck.

So, against better judgement on getting a first model year on a complete new re-design I went ahead and went with the all new 4th Gen Tacoma. My 2022 TRD with the 6 speed manual was a good truck, but honestly I was getting tired of shifting the thing. Yesterday I took it on its first mini trip that included several towns with many red lights and a couple mountain passes. So that lead to this decision...

cbkVv3Y.jpg

jUE3QUc.jpg

VFtR46M.jpg

So far so good. The 2.4 turbo seems to have plenty of power and the 8 speed automatic is leaps beyond the 6 speed automatic in the 3rd gens. Didn't even hardly downshift on the hills on the state roads I travel. Also from what the truck was saying I got a hair over 26mpg on the way home from the dealer. This was in town and state 45/55mph roads. Truck is equipped with the SR5 Upgrade Package which has the power sliding glass rear window, heated seats/steering wheel, and JBL sound system. The subwoofer does take up some space behind the rear seat.

After a couple Offroads and a Sport thrown in the mix with the way the options are set the SR5 made sense for me. Has plenty of options and I don't offroad so it does just fine.

This model does have the new coil spring rear suspension. I'm not 100% how it handles compared to the 3rd gens as they have the tires jacked up to 45PSI. I'll have to adjust and update.

I did remove that goofy chin spoiler immediately after getting home.

iEnvEdd.jpg

Will it be reliable? Who's to say. I'm sure something will go wrong, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
That’s awesome man! It looks great!

Back