2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid 2nd Tank MPG

Nice. I've had an EB AWD on order since Dec 17. I gave up, and bought a new Edge instead. I'd like to see the mileage at 80 mph.

Nice. I've had an EB AWD on order since Dec 17. I gave up, and bought a new Edge instead. I'd like to see the mileage at 80 mph.
I have no use for another/new vehicle, but have always considered the Edge to be top notch in design, purpose, compact enough, etc.

I have no use for another/new vehicle, but have always considered the Edge to be top notch in design, purpose, compact enough, etc.
My wife is absolutely flipped over her Edge and says when replacement time comes she wants another, doesn't even want to look.

I like it fine, it does everything we need it to do and we've had no trouble with it.

Again today in KC, gas was selling for less than the RBOB futures price at the CME, most of the day. There is a glut of gas here in the Heartland. It is just not cheap.
Lots of phony baloney I say.
The consumers have proven themselves total fools.

"Talking Cars With Consumer Reports Ep#362" is testing the Maverick Hybrid right now in fact.
Saw it. I think they are spot on in a couple of instances. The Maverick is not perfect in any way except for fuel efficiency and practicality. The sum of the parts is pretty impressive though. 98% of the time the truck goes down the road with aplomb, with no concerns. After a 6 week test drive the only issues I see forthcoming are with the front suspension, it lacks a bit of damping now and it will only get sloppier. Dang my luck, it handles really nice without a lot of body roll.

Why can't the whiney pusses on CR and other auto reviewers get over the fact that the hybirds (blame SavageGeese) simply just are not available with AWD yet. Mostly it would have stolen even more sales from the more profitable EcoBoost. I waited 10 months for my Hybird, can't imagine how much longer the wait would have been if they were selling 2 different models. Probably worse than the Bronco with the MIC Hardtop.

Here is the 3rd fill results. This was a short fill to beat a 24¢ price increase. Sorry about the coffee ring.
495 - Copy.jpg
301.7 miles / 7.205 gal. = 41.87 MPG

494.jpg
No wind 70 MPH interstate. Not A/C Not bad for a 33mpg highway rating.

Attachments

• 494.jpg
    494.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back