1st tank Maverick MPG = 47.4

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
Filled up for the 1st time last evening. Went 691.0 miles on the first tank. Needed 14.581 galllons. Hand calculated to 47.4 mpg
20220516_083640.jpg

445.jpg

Good show! But you need at least 7 swill and fills to assess. That might take forever!

I just paid $4.65 per gal up here at our discount Irving station for 87!

Good thing I only use approx 245 gal a year!

Last edited:
Good show! But you need at least 7 swill and fills to assess. That might take forever!

I just paid $4.65 per gal up here at out discount station!

Good thing I only use approx 245 gal a year!
My price was with 90¢ of fuel savers from the grocery store. One good thing is I can usually use the same pump. On a positive note the computer and the hand calculation were real close. (2.5%)

On the reality side of things. Right after the fill up, my trip to the country to view the eclipse last night, the average of mostly Interstate at 70 MPH was 38.2 mpg. Going there was into a stiff headwind of 15-20 mph and the return home after dark in calm wind conditions. This was very close to the the Venza when driven in the same conditions. Around town once up to temp this is a very efficient vehicle. On trips in the 10-20 mile range around town, I frequently see above 50 MPG.

Not too shabby at all. Prefer seeing the fill to fil hand calc to computer. Get a few more and please keep us updated.
Will keep updating here. My fill up and notes are available on the Fuelly link below. Vehicle name is Ghost. Everything on Fuelly is hand calculated. I will be hard pressed to do a tank a month. When my fuel savers are about to expire there will be smaller fills on occasion.

What happened to the Venza? Did you trade it in for this Maverick?
Yes, with the difference it bought my accessories ($1900) and a Ford Premium Care $0 deductible 8yr 100K extended warranty, and a check for $1641 in cash back to me.

Last edited:
Sorry, Charlie, all sold out.

Ford confirmed in early December that the Maverick hybrid was sold out for the 2022 model year; it would later say orders were closed for the non-hybrid Maverick, too.Feb 25, 2022
Go to a Ford Dealer in late August, the 20th I think and the order banks reopen for the 2023 model year. Order one and it will be there in 4 -12 months. I waited 10 months

Back