2021 4Runner Venture | 5W-30 HPL EURO NO VII | 7,000 miles on oil & 20,000 on truck

Looks like it's a 5w-40 based on the viscosity. Some elevated metals but that is common among break-in time. It appears that if dumping at 7k then any off the shelf, that meets the specs, will do here just as well. This does look more like a Euro add pack so any Euro oil will work. Great job! How do you like the 4runner?
I wouldn’t judge his oil. He’s free to use what he wants.

i think its a pretty uneventful looking report, seems most 4runner engines don't want to do anything but run. That said, I've been running M1 0W-40 in mine for years now and I think you'd be hard pressed to beat an oil of that thickness when its ~$25/jug down at the local wally world. here's my last UOA, just food for thought - my iron levels were a bit lower by 20k miles although i'm sure its practically statistical noise at that level, vehicle to vehicle.

glad you like the truck, i love ours! just turned 55k miles, looks basically new inside and out, and asks nothing of us aside from fluids.

i think its a pretty uneventful looking report, seems most 4runner engines don't want to do anything but run. That said, I've been running M1 0W-40 in mine for years now and I think you'd be hard pressed to beat an oil of that thickness when its ~$25/jug down at the local wally world. here's my last UOA, just food for thought - my iron levels were a bit lower by 20k miles although i'm sure its practically statistical noise at that level, vehicle to vehicle.

glad you like the truck, i love ours! just turned 55k miles, looks basically new inside and out, and asks nothing of us aside from fluids.

looks like your truck is destined for 500,000+ miles with those low wear numbers! thanks for sharing

If it's going to thicken anyway, I noticed the NO VII PCMO 10w20 is over 9cst, almost a 30wt. Will probably thicken to 10-11 range, I would think. Would that be a consideration?

If it's going to thicken anyway, I noticed the NO VII PCMO 10w20 is over 9cst, almost a 30wt. Will probably thicken to 10-11 range, I would think. Would that be a consideration?

the 10W-20 seems like a reasonable choice.

i went with the 5W-30 based off the HTHS. idk i guess i'll sleep better at night.

currently have euro no vii 10W30 in the sump. will be trying mobil 1 0W-40 after the 10W30 and test also.

Back