2016 Ugly Prius got crushed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Honda didn't look too bad to me, but the Prius is awful. The Honda actually looks similar to the Chevy Cruze except for the rear tail lights (what were they thinking?).

Both of these cars have a Sonic the Hedgehog zaniness in their look that is redolent of Japanese design of an earlier era.
The Prius leans more in the micro spaceship direction than does the Civic.
Both are at least interesting to look at, which is more than you can say of most new cars available.
I wouldn't call either car ugly, although both are rather busy.
This Mirai has a face that only a mother could love. Maybe everyone on the committee had had a little too much saki when this design was approved for production or maybe the wrong set of drawings were sent to the stamping plant?
Is the Mirai a Yaris in drag or a Corolla in drag?
I can't decide.
Either way it is one aggressively ugly car.
If I got one for free, I'd wear a mask while driving it and I'd be careful to look only at the ground when either entering or leaving it.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: Cujet
Ugly or not, the Prius, Camry and Corolla are the worlds most reliable cars. That's according to "www.truedelta.com". This trio has the fewest repairs of any of the other choices. That alone makes them worthy of consideration.

It's not surprising to see these models as being 3x more reliable than some other competing choices.

That may well be, but, I would not spend MY coin on ANY of them, even if they were 1000x "more reliable" than ANY car I would buy.
31.gif

Wow...1000x.

That says a lot about what expectations are for vehicles these days. If a company sold a car that was 1000x more reliable out there than any other, I wouldn't care what it looked like. A reliable machine when you need it is worth its weight in platinum.

Nevertheless and notwithstanding, I have a Corolla and it is the most reliable car I have ever owned, and for what I use it for I wouldn't trade it for a less reliable vehicle for more power or looks etc.

Last edited:
^^^OK, but my every day ride has been dead-on reliable as well, yes, even with 3 to 4 times the power and performance (and subjectively at least, looks) of most of the Nippon/Korean 'appliances'.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
The new Prius styling is awesome.
In person it's even worse. I wanted to vomit when I went to the parts department of the Toyota dealer the other day and walked past one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back