2016 Tiguan burning oil

Hey Folks, I have a 2016 Tiguan Rline that’s going through a quart or two oil every two weeks. Waiting at Herman Cook Volkswagen now for some answers but not feeling very confident. Any ideas?

Gonna need a lot more details. Mileage, oil details and interval length, engine history, owned since new or bought used, puff of smoke after being started up after sitting or not. When it started burning and how how quickly or slowly it progressed. How much you drive in these 2 weeks and the manner you drive them like mostly stop and go for 20 mins a day or you drive an hour or more a day and on the highway fast. all that.

Did you check for leaks?

Our 2013 Tiguan had some sneaky leaking. Once finally found and fixed - oil stayed in the engine. That is until the turbo went out...then oil cooler...(then plastic water pump)...then timing chain...then oil pressure sensor...then turbo again...then...uhh I'll stop here.
Go VAG.

Gonna need a lot more details. Mileage, oil details and interval length, engine history, owned since new or bought used, puff of smoke after being started up after sitting or not. When it started burning and how how quickly or slowly it progressed. How much you drive in these 2 weeks and the manner you drive them like mostly stop and go for 20 mins a day or you drive an hour or more a day and on the highway fast. all that.
It started after a trip to Mission Bay Volkswagen in 2023. Two weeks after an oil change the low oil light came on. I’m at 88k on mileage and I travel 347 miles every two weeks and it’s a toll road so I’m usually driving at 65-70 mph.

Stuck piston rings?
I'd expect the oil consumption to be increasingly gradual, and not all of sudden after an oil change at the dealership.

It started after a trip to Mission Bay Volkswagen in 2023. Two weeks after an oil change the low oil light came on. I’m at 88k on mileage and I travel 347 miles every two weeks and it’s a toll road so I’m usually driving at 65-70 mph.
Are you still on that oil fill from 2023 or were there any oil changes since? They may have underfilled the oil, or they may have skipped changing the oil filter gaskets, or something else at play here.
But it would help to know if that low oil light was a single occurrence, or if it is now an ongoing thing ever since that initial oil change?

My guess,
51AoomaRmPS._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I'd expect the oil consumption to be increasingly gradual, and not all of sudden after an oil change at the dealership.

Are you still on that oil fill from 2023 or were there any oil changes since? They may have underfilled the oil, or they may have skipped changing the oil filter gaskets, or something else at play here.
But it would help to know if that low oil light was a single occurrence, or if it is now an ongoing thing ever since that initial oil change?
I always keep up with oil changes. My thoughts were that Mission bay had not changed the oil when I brought it in. I could be wrong… The oil light hasn’t come on because I check the oil once a week.
So it’s low every two weeks. The dealer today told me it’s a problem with the 2 liters. I wish I would have known about it before purchasing.

I always keep up with oil changes. My thoughts were that Mission bay had not changed the oil when I brought it in. I could be wrong… The oil light hasn’t come on because I check the oil once a week.
So it’s low every two weeks. The dealer today told me it’s a problem with the 2 liters. I wish I would have known about it before purchasing.
Ok. Does it smoke out of the tailpipe? At start-up, or when wide-open throttle, or anytime at all?

What exactly did he say was the problem with the engines?

If no smoke though scenario?
If your wife noticed the smoke, then that's a clear giveaway.
Try standing behind the car while wife revs the engine in "Park".
Or (if you have a second vehicle) drive behind her while she makes a hard acceleration run, like on a highway on-ramp.
Little black smoke is fine, that's just fuel and direct injection. But blue smoke and burning oil smell is what may point to the cooked turbo seals.
I don't think it's piston rings or valve guides, but there is that 0.1% chance...

Back