2015 Mazda3 I Grand Touring

Jeff, you are a good uncle. Is your grand niece the one who is in the Marines? I am glad to see BITOG step in with some good advice.

I think if I were to need a car in the near future, I would give Mazda a really close look. I am hoping a Mazda6 comes out soon. I also hope it has an inline 6 cylinder engine available too.

I really like the 2001 Miata that we have.

Jeff, you are a good uncle. Is your grand niece the one who is in the Marines? I am glad to see BITOG step in with some good advice.

I think if I were to need a car in the near future, I would give Mazda a really close look. I am hoping a Mazda6 comes out soon. I also hope it has an inline 6 cylinder engine available too.

I really like the 2001 Miata that we have.
Her twin was in the Marines and got deathly ill in Kuwait. Much better now, she's in school in the Carlsbad area near Camp Pendleton. I am picking her up at the airport later today. I love those girls...

Glad to hear your niece was fine from the car accident firstly. Nice local pickup, sharp looking car and have heard nothing but positive things on the 2.5NA..

Nice car and find, congrats! The first gen Mazda 3 had treated me well for 14 years.

Someone mentioned changing the Allen bit drain plug to a normal hexagonal bolt style one. I agree with the advice as well, as the quick lube places will eventually round off the Allen type plug.

I had to use a pipe wrench on my SIL’s 2012 Mazda 3, as it was basically almost a perfect circle in there.

Glad to hear your niece was fine from the car accident firstly. Nice local pickup, sharp looking car and have heard nothing but positive things on the 2.5NA..

2.5L is a great engine but a little thirsty at 80-90 mph on the highway.

2.5L is a great engine but a little thirsty at 80-90 mph on the highway.
What engine isn't more thirsty when trying to cut through air at 80-90 MPH ... only a streamliner body with super good aerodynamics (like used on the salt flats) would help in that case.

Last edited:
Mazda3 is ready for her new home in San Diego.
Services: oil and filter; engine and cabin air filters; spark plugs; trans spill and fill; inspected brakes, etc.

I like this car. Gonna dump the Tesla and get me one. Ran an Escalade off the freeway on the test drive to show what a bad little ride this Mazda is!

It needs new rubber...

I have used an aftermarket dorman 17mm drain plug since I bought the car. It's same as older pre-2013s.

Check rear brakes. They seem to wear out a lot faster than the front. Belt tensioner seeping fluid is common too.

I sold mine at 150k. Ran like a clock

Back