2014 Nissan Murano - stabilizer-bar end links

I'm doing these for a friend. The vehicle (2014 Nissan Murano) is in remarkable shape for the mileage (c. 320K km, so just short of 200K miles), but was making the characteristic knock of loose stabilizer-bar end links.

They had already been replaced with aftermarket parts. The previous installer did not use any anti-seize paste on the threaded rod or nut, so after some wasted time I had to use the grinder.

Got one side done, ran out of time, and am hoping to do the other side later this week.

20240427_145524~2.jpg

I did that job on the Kia in my signature last month. I had to use a lot of WD40 and a torch to loosen the nuts. But what a world of difference the new links made!

I did this on my old RAV4 and got it done but struggled with the nuts. Went and bought a cheap grinder after that for the next time. There hasn't been a next time and I've never used the grinder. LOL.

I did this on my old RAV4 and got it done but struggled with the nuts. Went and bought a cheap grinder after that for the next time. There hasn't been a next time and I've never used the grinder. LOL.
I find I have to use the grinder about a third of the time.

Did the other side today - it went quicker as I didn't spend a lot of time before getting the grinder out.

Unlike the previous installer, I used lots of anti-seize. It's unlikely these will ever need to be replaced, but you never know ...

I also recently did mine on the CRV in my signature and after struggling for an hour I pulled out the sawzall and grinder.

I went straight to those for the other side and it was quick. I also did the bushings while I was there and those bolts came out easy with heat.

Back