2013 Equinox 3.6L Penz Platinum 5W-30 7,210 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
From these results.
Ill be following the OLM to 0% for some time to come.
At least while im under warranty.
This is GM's 3.6L Direct Injection engine.

Comments welcome.

Last edited:
Decent report with the Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 staying within grade. Iron is a little elevated as is the pattern in many GM engines.

I would use the OLM while under warranty, especially since this engine did have some oil dilution problems due to the DI. This caused premature timing chain wear.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner
I would use the OLM while under warranty, especially since this engine did have some oil dilution problems due to the DI. This caused premature timing chain wear.

I know they increased the carbonitriding (surface hardening) of the chains starting in 2010 on that engine, so the 2013 should be OK. Thread at http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3158796/1 explores all we can.

I wonder if it will drop slightly.
I consider wear in to be done by about 15,000.
the oil was in from around 12-15K....
I guess Ill find out on the next UOA. Which ill do much later.

Wow, 38 ppm iron! At that rate, in about 3-400,000 miles, that engine will be down a gram or two in weight. Might have to consider junking it then.

What's with the Phosphorous coming in repeatedly at 600 ppm? I didn't realize that PP was flirting with the minimum level allowed by API specifications. I'd rather see it at the Maximum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back