2012 Honda Civic Wheel Bearings

Now go look at the picture for the BCA bearing. Or even the Quality-Built.
Not sure how much one can go by the pictures RA is using. I just did a quick check and Timken, Shaeffler, Quality-Built, BCA and maybe others show NTN Canada markings.

Edit:
SKF website shows what appears to be the same picture of their bearing, no marking on it either. So Perhaps RA is using proper pictures.

Not sure how much one can go by the pictures RA is using. I just did a quick check and Timken, Shaeffler, Quality-Built, BCA and maybe others show NTN Canada markings.

Edit:
SKF website shows what appears to be the same picture of their bearing, no marking on it either. So Perhaps RA is using proper pictures.
It's because those companies just buy the bearing from NTN and repackage them.

The weirdest thing happened. I drove about 100 miles to meet the gfs parents and about 80 miles in the bearing noise stopped.

I purchased a national wheel bearing from oriellys and left it and the car with the mechanic. He found another fuel leak as well.

Fuel leak seems to be fixed, now just waiting to find a place that can press out the wheel bearing.

Car is finished. Hopefully it'll be the last bit of repairs in a while. Guy charges reasonably too.

I'm in a pinch for now. Car still smells like gas, and I was told last time if it does smell like gas again than I need new fuel lines.

Called a local shop and the dealership who confirmed the fuel lines are on national backorder meaning no where in the country can get them.

Inspection is quickly approaching in June. Not sure what I'll do.

Looks like fuel patches don't hold very long. One of mine gave out Sunday night about 25 miles from my girlfriends house. Lucky they knew a guy who knew a guy and they ended up hauling my car back to civilization.

Left it at a shop and the owner is doing his best to repair the issue the right way without any oem parts being available as far as fuel line is concerned....

But i should be able to head back tomorrow.

Last edited:
This chapter is over. New fuel line currently being installed. $250, car will be ready tomorrow.

As longs as QC is the same as in other SKF factories, that is irrelevant.
Probably... Depends who's doing the QC! For real important expensive stuff, pipes and valves for oil refineries, nuclear plants, lots of contracts have a no China/India suppliers policy. Just not worth it as there's so many places where basic QC can be skipped or faked, or just done wrong. And having a bad shipment of pipes with a slightly off alloy mixture can cost 6-7 figures a day until something useable is supplied.
Car wheel bearings aren't so critical of course, but for near equal dollars a western country supplier would be preferred.

Probably... Depends who's doing the QC! For real important expensive stuff, pipes and valves for oil refineries, nuclear plants, lots of contracts have a no China/India suppliers policy. Just not worth it as there's so many places where basic QC can be skipped or faked, or just done wrong. And having a bad shipment of pipes with a slightly off alloy mixture can cost 6-7 figures a day until something useable is supplied.
Car wheel bearings aren't so critical of course, but for near equal dollars a western country supplier would be preferred.
I used ATE rotors Made in China on BMW. 35,000 miles, 5-6000 on track, and replaced them bcs. I had Zimmerman rotors lying around and decided to upgrade brakes this summer, so did not want those Zimmermans to go to waste.
Those ATE could definitely do some more daily driving and tracking.

I bearing I got installed on the driver front knuckle was a National Bearing from Orielly Auto Parts. It was the best bearing they had available for the car. My mechanic only had a short window in which to work on the car so ordering online wasn't feasible.

Last edited:
I bearing I got installed on the driver front knuckle was a National Bearing from Orielly Auto Parts. It was the best bearing they had available for the car. My mechanic only had a short window in which to work on the car so ordering online wasn't feasible.
I'm sure it will be fine and go for quite a while, hopefully you will get some trouble free miles in now.

I don't think QC analyzes the metallurgy of the steel used in the balls or races, but I could be wrong.
For a bearing manufacturer they sure would, good QC program would cover all materials and processes, training and certifications for almost all employees, tool and testing calibrations, basically the whole process from raw materials to packaging, and maybe even shipping. Checking metallurgy from a reliable steel supplier it might only be a few times a year though, as the bearing manufacturer could trust their suppliers QC certifications. If they were making helicopter rotor bearings then they would probably check almost everything on every piece made. Car wheel bearings, they might grab a couple every shift and see how tolerances are adding up?

You can see though if you are in a corrupt country, its gets expensive to test every shipment of materials you process if you can't really trust your suppliers.

Hooya!!! new fuel line has been installed. Hopefully all the repairs with this car are over for now.

Back