2009 KIA Spectra: what oil your use?

Good day folks from rust belt. Girlfriend has this car. Dead reliable to be honest. Put some Michelin snows on itt last month. Using currently M1 0w30 SM and ST 9688.

She puts bout 8k~ per year on it. Drove it to work today and it does awesome in snow. Thru fill hole I see some possible varnish. With that said; it will get either HPL 5w20 or HPL 5w20 CK HDEO

Doesn’t use oil either

Mobil 1 EP HM 5W-30. Very good oil, it will clean the engine, keep it clean, and condition those old front and rear main seals, along with the smaller seals inside the engine, like VVT or CVVT actuator seals. HPL is also a good choice, if your budget allows for it.

Mobil 1 EP HM 5W-30. Very good oil, it will clean the engine, keep it clean, and condition those old front and rear main seals, along with the smaller seals inside the engine, like VVT or CVVT actuator seals. HPL is also a good choice, if your budget allows for it.
I’ve already got both HPLS mentioned. Good recommendation sir

How many miles on the Kia? I would use your HPL in your Focus & run a HM 5W30 paired with a quality filter on her Kia -- also add a bottle of Rislone HM Engine Cleaner. Not what you asked --- HPL 5W20 then.

How many miles on the Kia? I would use your HPL in your Focus & run a HM 5W30 paired with a quality filter on her Kia -- also add a bottle of Rislone HM Engine Cleaner. Not what you asked --- HPL 5W20 then.
If nothing else I’ll get case of HPL CKHDEO 5w30

Already running NO VII in daily driver Focus

Anyone here have one of these? What did you use?
We bought one new in 2006 so same drive train as the 2009 .
one of the most reliable cars we have owned. We got rid of it in 2018 and its still on the road as i see it once and awhile .
when new we used the dealer for oil changes they used Petro Canada supreme 5w20 , when i took over it was valvoline red bottle in 5w20 then 5w30.
In the summer when it was hot there was some valve train noise on the 20w with the 30w very quite and smooth running.
Hyundai /kia have forgotten how to build reliable engines in my opinion.
Our neighbour has a beautiful 2022 sorento 30000 kilometers engine just let go he said everything was fine then sounded like rattling marbles in a can then nothing dead !

We bought one new in 2006 so same drive train as the 2009 .
one of the most reliable cars we have owned. We got rid of it in 2018 and its still on the road as i see it once and awhile .
when new we used the dealer for oil changes they used Petro Canada supreme 5w20 , when i took over it was valvoline red bottle in 5w20 then 5w30.
In the summer when it was hot there was some valve train noise on the 20w with the 30w very quite and smooth running.
Hyundai /kia have forgotten how to build reliable engines in my opinion.
Our neighbour has a beautiful 2022 sorento 30000 kilometers engine just let go he said everything was fine then sounded like rattling marbles in a can then nothing dead !
Was the car built in USA or Korea? So far I saw only US built ones go belly up.
Also, I'd not use xW-20 oil in those engines.

Bulletproof engine, any 20 or 30 weight, they aren’t fussy. HPL is a bit of overkill, but good on you for supporting a company you believe in

I like these cars. I have a decent amount of experience around them. I have two Tiburons one of which shares the same four cylinder. I have 242k miles and I've been running 5w40 because I just like the added protection and I don't notice any drops in fuel economy.

Motor consumes oil and I refill every 1500-2000mi. But any 5w30 will be fine.

I have an older Elantra with the same engine. Well made in my opinion. I use store brand 5w30 synthetic and Hyundai/Kia oil filters. In your case [8,000 mi/year], I would change oil every 4,000 mi and leave the oil filter on for two OCIs. Replace the timing belt accordingly.

Mobil 1 HM 5w-30 in our 08 Hyundai Accent (1.6L). Approaching 150k miles (got it at about 120k). No issues other than routine maintenance and door handle issues. All the door handle issues. Lol. DS ext handle broke randomly. Then the opening cable DS broke (have to buy the whole latch, cables can't be replaced separately). Now the PS interior handle has broken. 0 engine issues that aren't just maintenance items (belts, hoses, etc).

Back