2009 acura tsx less then 15,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
have a chance to buy a 09 acura tsx with low miles...believe its a 2.4 five speed auto, selling due to health problems, all service records...don't know much about the car or drivetrain...thanks

everything works perfectly on it, was mainly an older gentlemans second car he kept to drive once in a while , had a small pick up truck for around town and short trips, he would just baby this car

How much do they want for it? That always determines if it's a good deal or not.

Originally Posted By: lucerne06
11 ish or less

If it's garage kept and clean, I think that's a good deal. I'd buy it.

That 1st generation Acura TSX is/was essentially a European Honda Accord rebadged as an Acura in the U.S. Somewhat smaller than the U.S. only Accord, I believe the TSX used a higher output 2.4L engine(201 hp) used in some Civic Si models.

The TSX is the "World Accord". A bit smaller than a North American Accord and, as an Acura, better fitted out.

I test drove the I4 manual in 2007 and it had a bit of a zing-zing attitude about it - lots of revs and low torque. But that engine might work well with the auto. I bought an Accord sedan with a V6 and 6 speed manual instead. I went with more torque but I could just as easily have bought the TSX. I think they're great cars.

2009 was the first year of the second generation TSX. Which appears to be a little bigger and still has a nice design. More updated look imo.

Same chassis as the 08-12 8th generation Accord. Very similar cars.

Engine will be a K24Z3 with the integrated exhaust header/port on the back of the head going directly to a down pipe with a cat. Usually rated around 190hp in the Accord EX models. Known for oil consumption and VTC actuator noise. Honda has extended engine warranty for oil consumer to 8 years 125k miles.

Otherwise, reliable as all get out engine and good transmissions for automatics. Mine uses oil but it runs too sweet to warrant me tearing it apart. Keep an eye on the oil level and it'll be a good car. Also, since the trans has a very easy drain plug and easy fill from the top, there is no reason no to do drain and fills on the trans every 30k. 3-4 quarts of ATF-DW1 from your Honda dealer and that thing will rack up the miles without a complaint.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
If it uses a chain, buy it.

These do use a chain, however, I am not a believer in the lifetime service life from them. I've been through two VTC actuators and am planning upon doing my third along with a chain, guides, tensioner and sprockets in the coming weeks. Tracking down a startup grind.

Originally Posted By: redhat
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
If it uses a chain, buy it.

These do use a chain, however, I am not a believer in the lifetime service life from them. I've been through two VTC actuators and am planning upon doing my third along with a chain, guides, tensioner and sprockets in the coming weeks. Tracking down a startup grind.

I'd do a UOA and see how it turns out. Before replacing all that stuff over a 1 second start up noise. The car is supposed to serve you, not the other way around.

My '12 TSX was the best car I've ever owned. Imagine Honda engineering and reliability but with euro-spec interior details and materials as well as a near perfect ride/handling balance. Buy with confidence.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
My '12 TSX was the best car I've ever owned. Imagine Honda engineering and reliability but with euro-spec interior details and materials as well as a near perfect ride/handling balance. Buy with confidence.

Yep, I have driven the 2nd gen TSX as well, and they do not dissapoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back