2008 Toyota Corolla 1zzfe top end @ 163,550 miles

Figured it wouldn't hurt to replace the valve cover gasket the Corolla. I bought the car with 93k and now I'm over 163k. Every other summer, I run 25% mmo w/ the other 3 quarts being HDEO 15w40 as a slow clean OCI. Not sure how the inside looked when I originally bought the car, but either way I am happy with how the top end looks.

KCPpTLa.jpg

I predict with a high level of confidence that this engine will still be running fine when the wheels fall that car.

...or at least until the owner is tired of adding oil between changes. :)

I predict with a high level of confidence that this engine will still be running fine when the wheels fall that car.

...or at least until the owner is tired of adding oil between changes. :)
At about 5k, I add 1/2 quart to get me to 7500 when it's time to change the oil. Not bad in my book.

hey just a quick question 1540 I know is usually what the guys that have diesel vehicles run but is there concern for all the additional additives that are in the diesel oil that it can make the converter go bad sooner or is that just hearsay?

Unfortunately I can't answer that, I am not positive if it really hurts anything. I have never had a cat issue and I have done this in all the used gas vehicles I have owned. I certainly wouldn't run diesel oil all the time but once every couple of years, I'm not worried about.

But that MMO stuff is no good according to many here. You better spend more money and get some Redline or Amsoil stuff. Just joking folks.
Personally, I use some MMO to top off if needed between oil changes. My van at 166000 uses no oil between changes though.
HDEO? heavy duty engine oil?

hey just a quick question 1540 I know is usually what the guys that have diesel vehicles run but is there concern for all the additional additives that are in the diesel oil that it can make the converter go bad sooner or is that just hearsay?
Phosphorus poisons catalysts but only if it gets there and in a fairly high concentration. The one time I saw a catalyst efficiency CEL due to oil consumption was when a vehicle was burning something in excess of 1 quart per 500 miles.

Back