2008 Toyota Avalon Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 12 vehicles I bought including work fleet was on the Internet. Prices were set, financing arraigned on some. All I had to do was drive down, sign the papers and drive the new vehicle home. I was never longer than 30 minutes at the dealership. It is so easy to do.

In my area we have numerous dealers of every make so a fair comparison with other areas of the nation may not be valid. For me, Internet buying is the only way I will go.

"That depends on your definition of coherent. As a former editor I found it an exceedingly painful (but interesting) read. "
---------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I listen to too many drunks.
laugh.gif

Quote:

Last 12 vehicles I bought including work fleet was on the Internet. Prices were set, financing arraigned on some. All I had to do was drive down, sign the papers and drive the new vehicle home. I was never longer than 30 minutes at the dealership. It is so easy to do.

In my area we have numerous dealers of every make so a fair comparison with other areas of the nation may not be valid. For me, Internet buying is the only way I will go.

Last year we bought my wife's 2006 Acura TL through Costco. A smooth no hassle transaction with a good price.

I bought my Corvette through a CorvetteForum supporting dealer. Excellent price, smooth transaction and I didn't go within a thousand miles of his dealership.

Quote:

I recently bought a new Toyota. You have to understand that dealers and their salesmen want to make money. They lie their teeth out all the time and their tactics are painfully annoying. If you got a quote from the internet sales department, you shouldn't have paid a penny more. If they change gears once you step in the door, tell them to give you a call when they come to their senses. If you want to save money when buying a car, you have to do your homework and be patient.

The quote was for the 2007 model. Toyota raised the price for the 2008 model. When I say Toyota raised the price, I mean Toyota, not the dealership, raised the price. That is why my mother paid more. Also, I spoke to her and it seems the dealership did not make a mistake when computing the numbers as I had thought. She went there and haggled them down to $400 extra for the 2008 model, citing the $300 figure Toyota of North America's corporate headquarters gave her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back