cSt @ 100ºC 7.12

FLASHPOINT ºF 360

FUEL%
ANTIFREEZE% 0.0

WATER% 0.0

INSOLUBLES% 0.4

TBN 1.4

Blackstone Comments:
This first sample from your Honda Accord was in use more than twice the universal average interval. They show typical wear for this type of engine after about 6,000 miles on the oil. Even with the longer oil run, wear metals were low and don't show signs of poorly wearing parts that share the oil. The viscosity was on target for a 5W/20 and no harmful contamination like fuel, coolant, or moisture was found.
The TBN was good at 1.4 since 1.0 or less is low. In all honesty, this is a great report and may be hard to beat. Check back to build wear trends. Nice!

About 70% highway, 30% city. Commute is around 17 mi each way. My style is very relaxed - I hypermile a lot ,(drives my wife crazy-she's an aggressive driver). This interval is 2x changes on the Honda maintenance minder.

I've used M1 0w-20 AFE for the life of the car with a Fram Extended or M1 oil filter, changed at the maintenance minder interval (6200-6500 mi) during the warranty period. This is my first M1 5w-20 EP with a M1 Oil filter longer drain since it's out of warranty.

Last edited:
Nice engine and nice UOA report. Even Mobil guaranties 15k miles for EP, I think in this engine and driving condition 12-13k miles is about right.

The only oil Mobil oil with Titanium is the Mobil 5000 a dino. Possibly some of the Super line of synthetics. But Mobil AFE is mentioned as the only oil used for life of car. Has things changed ??

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Oil is done. 10k max.

What leads you to say that?

I see nothing in this report that indicates oil is "done". To the contrary, everything looks good. Wear rates are low, contamination low, vis OK. TBN is low, but that is to be expected. We would need to know the TAN also, before having a better view of the lube. Without knowing TAN, I cannot assure you that it's safe to go further, but then again neither can anyone assure this lube is "done" either. What we do know is that the wear rates are admirably low, and therefore we can presume acid is not acting on parts yet.

Nice to see someone actually extend a syn OCI, rather than run 4k miles and dump it.

I will note that for contrast, you might consider a conventional lube to see how well it would also perform. Your driving style is very tame and probably isn't going to really harm any lube, regardless of base stock.

Last edited:
Nice report! Keep doing 10k-12k oci with Mobil EP. Once you establish a wear trend, I don't see why you can't go for 15K miles oci.

Wow. I'm impressed. Usually V-6 Honda's shed a lot more metal...stick to what you're doing...it's working great!

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Very nice. Oil is done. 10k max.

Far from done. 10K max? Sorry the data shows this is not case. There is nothing like seeing the results and then stating this is not true.

To the OP I would keep doing what you are doing and not change a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back