2006 Acura TSX fog light replacement question.

Our beloved 2006 TSX has 1 broken and 1 cracked fog light lens. Is it necessary to remove the bumper or can they be accessed from underneath?

Thanks in advance.

What does the FSM say? They usually give the best method. Lots of lights do come off/out from inside/under the hood, but fog lights are pretty low for that. Is there a belly pan/plastic cladding underneath that is clipped to the bottom of the bumper or the metal structure? My accord has that, and I suspect removal of the little pop in clips and dropping the plastic would give lots of access from behind/under.

Tsxclub and acurazine forums may have a detailed how-to removal
This was great advice. There were a few approaches, either from the bottom or just remove the grille. But the consensus was, removing the bumper cover can be done in "5 minutes" and is nothing to be afraid of. Just a couple of 10MM bolts and maybe 10 push clips, then the bumper pulls right off. The lights are right there.

Thanks; I will order the fog lights and get crackin.
1686885808847.jpg

Last edited:
If replacing I would go with some Diode Dynamic LED or Morimoto LED versions. The DD are brighter then the MM I have on 2 different cars.

If you go factory with glass lenses, get some headlight film to cover and protect them afterward. Headlight Armor, Weathertech, X-Pel, Lamin-X and many others.

Check my post on DriveAccord with links and videos. Headlight Protection film.

I’ve had the bumper off our CRV once and the Lexus GS a couple of times. The first time took 20-25 minutes playing fastener hide and seek. Now it takes me 5….

Back