2005 Dodge Neon door open notification on dash won't go off.

Well my Neon is going to be the end of me. Another weird thing popped up. I stopped to get gas on my way home. Until now no issues. I leave the gas station and the car chimes and the door open notification is on. My door is very much shut. I've read that I have to take the door apart as it's electrical. Another forum said that the latch can stick or a shim can fall out? This car was designed by the biggest idiots on the planet. For what 30 years a tab in the door jamb worked just fine. Does anyone have any helpful advice, or know of anyone with a neon that's had this come up? Thanks.

Clean the ground and connections on the little door plunger switches. Hardly a big deal...you are driving a nearly 20 year old car.

Clean the ground and connections on the little door plunger switches. Hardly a big deal...you are driving a nearly 20 year old car.
It has a latch but no separate door plunger. Not sure how the neon detects the door being closed? The latch possibly? Thanks for the help.

It's weirdly odd. Apparently with the snow and Ice my rear door wouldn't open. Apparently it opened just enough to trip the door notification in the dash.

Back