2004 Ford Taurus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lookin for a good filter to use on my 24V duratech with Mobil 1 any suggestions?
and a part # if possible...
Thanx
Rob

Just visit any of the parts stores for catalogue PN lookup!

Motorcraft FL820s
Purolater 24651
K&N 2010
Napa/(wix) (5)1372
Mobil1 M1-210

Can't go wrong with the Motorcraft filter. Or if you HAVE to spend the money, then the M1 is top notch as well. Some don't think the price of the M1 is justifiable, so use you're own judgement. Me, I'd use the Motorcraft.

Use the motorcraft if you can get it at someplace other than the dealer (mine charges 7.00 for the FL820S), I usually go to autozone if their is one in your area, otherwise WIX and Pureone filters are good choices too.

I have the same engine on a 2002 Taurus. I cleaned out Wally World's stock of 820s' for 2 bucks and change each.

Rob,

I just sold my 1999 Taurus with the 24V.

150,000 miles with no problems using Motorcraft FL820S and Havoline Dino 5W-30 every 5,000 miles. Always passed emissions and used 1/2 quart of oil between changes.

Not trying to change your mind on the M1, just pointing out that your 24V is a stout motor that will go the distance.

I traded in my 1996 Taurus with 135,000 miles. Always used Champ filters. Mobil 1 for awhile and then AC Duraguard gold ( not made anymore for the Taurus), then wnet to Super Tech from Walmart. Always did oil analysis. Never got a bad report. Generally changed oil between 8,000 and 9,000 miles using Valvoline Durablend semi-synthetic.

Now use Mobil 1 on my current Taurus and Super Tech's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back