2 issues after Vista recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all. ive posted this on a couple computer forums but have had no luck. i figured i would try here...

to begin, im using an HP something-or-other. amd quad core 9550, 6gb ram, 640gb hard drive, windows vista 64 bit. thats pretty much all i know.
i recently "recovered" my computer with the CDs that came with it. i did a complete recovery. now that im back at the "beginning" im having 2 issues. the first one is, when i click the start button, there used to be a list of 6-7 of my most commonly used programs. now that list is completely blank/white. i right click the taskbar, select properties, then go to the "start menu" tab and make sure the "store and display a list of most recently used programs" box IS checked. but that makes no difference. no matter how many times i go into a program now, the list remains blank.
issue #2. the list of running programs in the taskbar, i used to be able to just hover the mouse over a program and it would give me a little screen of whats being displayed in that program. that little screen no longer pops up. i right click the task bar, select properties, but i can not check the box that says "show windows previews (thumbnails)" it is greyed out so i cant select it.

my computer has spent the last couple days performing various windows updates, and i have restarted it every time, but still, these problems remain

any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back