1999 Camaro - Couldn't resist.

Bought a 1998 V6 M5 back in '98. Was looking for an economy car for my girlfriend, now my wife. Had the GM employee discount. That Camaro was the cheapest, nicest car we could find. Comfortable to drive, great gas mileage, yada yada yada.
Traded it in on a loaded M6 2002 B4C Camaro. Should have kept both.
Great find!

I have a V6 Camaro and last time I checked I was still a man. :)
thing is 325hp... more power and far faster than any of my previous Camaro's that had a V8.

View attachment 189156
I have to ask what previous V8 camaros? They were not LS1 cars. I will say this of 5th gen cars. All had better brakes and chassis then the 4th Gen cars.

Nice catfish. I have the Pontiac equivalent of the same vintage, the 3.8/5-speed is fine. Have you seen the prices people are asking for the V8s these days? I couldn't justify it.

Not a dig on you, but back in the day when these where just used cars, few dealers wanted them so they sold pretty cheap. No guy would want a V6 Camaro and no woman would want a stick. It would be a hard sell.
I don’t think you’re in a position to comment on what women want. You argued that transmission repair on a kitchen counter was reasonable, and that no woman would complain about that. Remember?

Nice to see some of these still on the road. Especially up north. It's a car from an era & the camaro name has been around a long time. Enjoy what you can out of it. Thanks for sharing your story.

Nice car. As a commuter the V6 will serve you well. I really don't get these 500, 600...1000hp hellcats and red eyes. They must be a chore to drive on a daily basis.

Don't T-tops tend to leak like a screen door on a submarine if not taken care of.
Yes, even if you do take care of them. My 89 has Ttops and they leak like a sieve in the rain or if I wash the car. They weren't taken care of at all, maybe one day I will decide to put on new rubber to make them seal properly. Its a lot of work to do though and I never drive the car in the rain anyway. Maybe if I ever get the car fully repainted as it could definitely use a paint job.

As for the original car, great find, the 5 speed 3.8 V6 was a pretty rare combo to say the least. Almost all the 3.8 V6s were autos as it seemed like the factory didn't think anyone would want a V6 with a stick for some reason.

Back