168k miles on these front rotors and pads - 2014 Durango

Pads start to delaminate from the back plate because of heat cycles. Also keep an eye out on the calipers as my ram needed them replaced around 140. There was ton of pad left.

In that condition with 168K miles I would ignore the pads and rotors and do everything else needed for a brake job... cleaning corrosion, lubing the caliper sliding bolts, and pad contact points, and maybe the back of the pads.

Pads start to delaminate from the back plate because of heat cycles. Also keep an eye out on the calipers as my ram needed them replaced around 140. There was ton of pad left.
I think both of these are good advice. I will pull the calipers and inspect, clean, and lube the slide pins.

In that condition with 168K miles I would ignore the pads and rotors and do everything else needed for a brake job... cleaning corrosion, lubing the caliper sliding bolts, and pad contact points, and maybe the back of the pads.
This is my practice on all my cars. Every few years, or whatever. As a bonus I have a head start on condition and I have to believe the brakes perform better.

You got your money's worth there! I would go ahead a replace them anyhow - age does things so better to be ahead and safe.

Back