11HP Briggs Stratton Engine Stops Running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Briggs Stratton 11HP engine wiil stop running after about 1 to 2 hours of use I have checked the Magnetic Ignition the gap is ok .010 the next morning it started right away this has happened about 3 times in the past month has anyone had this problem?

Daryl

Side valve? doesn't sound like valves yet...., loosen the gas cap and try to see if it'll do it again, if it doesn't... replace the cap.

As for the coil, it usually takes alot shorter time for them to show that they are bad... and usually will start to work again after a very short cool down. (maybe 2-3 min.) The coil isn't magnetic (your refering to what its called) magnetron

Thanks I will check the gas cap when this happened the last time I pulled the plug and put some gas in replaced the plug and it started for a moment at that time I thought it was a fuel vapor lock I never thought about the gas cap thanks for all the help.

Daryl

From what that sounds like, it does sound like the cap ain't venting.... might as well (if it hasn't been done in a while) replace the fuel filter and gas line along with the cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back