1000 dollar Buick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Quote:
20150822_171116.jpg

Did you have to install eight pulley bolts in situ? Saturns only use three.
wink.gif

And why are you deleting the MAF? It's my understanding when the flaky GM MAFs of that era were retrofitted to speed density they never ran the same again.

It only use 4s. Maybe the other holes are for different configuration.

In the original thread I mentioned I was going to change the EGR and MAF out. Turns out it didn't need them. Just need to get some fresh gas, plugs, wires and to be run.

Intake gasket won't need to be done right now as far as I can tell. Has the conventional green and these were not like the 96 to 04ish cars.

Man I want that car!!!! It's beautiful!! I love the burgundy leather interior. You even used the exact oil I would've used too
laugh.gif

Congrats!! Now the hard part comes....giving it to its new owner :^( I wouldn't be able to let it go,I'd wanna keep it!!

What I'd do next (if that beautiful car couldn't be pried out of my hands to give it to its new owner
laugh.gif
) would be to find some GM oem wire wheel covers,do a complete engine bay detail,and clean/condition that beautiful burgundy leather.

Man I want that car!!

Great deal!
Nice car.
Can't buy anything as nice as that around here for a Grand.

Some Woolite and warm water(1:3 parts) will clean the interior right up. Preferably with some microfiber towels. This tip used to be in Cadillac's owners manual.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike

In the original thread I mentioned I was going to change the EGR and MAF out. Turns out it didn't need them.

Ooops, misread. My 92 cutlass ciera MAF responded well to being pulled and spritzed with "whatever" (carb cleaner, brake cleaner, etc) to get the air filter fiber fuzz off. I had to use a magnifying glass to see said schmutz but it responded faster when I hit the gas with a clean one.

If you buy a can of honest-to-pete MAF spray, you could probably do 200 of them.
laugh.gif

Put the new battery and some 24 dollar hub caps. She can clean it more if she chooses I have stuff to do today or I would have spent more time on it.

20150823_115535.jpg

20150823_115549.jpg

20150823_115558.jpg

I didn't realize the hoods on those cars opened up and forward instead of up and back. Verrrry interesting . . . a handsome beast.

I've had so much fun buying cars that were ready for the junkyard and keeping them alive for a while longer. Looks nice a comfy ride.

I'm not a fan of the red interior in particular, but I do miss the variety of colors you used to see. Everything is gray, tan, or black now.

Dropped it off yesterday. Hour drive to the DMV, ran awesome. No check engine lights, not one leak or issue.
Swapped the title and registration and it is good to go.

Took her out for a drive, showed here all the fluids and and aswered all her quesitons. She was pretty excited and very thankful. Hope it works out good for her. She is only an hour away so once in a while I will stop by and check on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back