100+ Homicides In Chicago 2016.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been more than 100 homicides in Chicago this year & it's only been winter. The police seem to be timid making "street stops" due to the ACLU requirements. On the other hand, the Federal authorities are investigating the 2nd largest police force in U.S. for civil right violations. I suspect when the weather warms up things will get worse!

I'm going to guess you don't work for the city of Chicago tourism dept? If so you may want to reconsider your marketing message....

On the other hand you did convince me to never visit Chicago again. ..

Wait, hasn't gun control fixed this yet?
crazy2.gif

Chicago has a very tough gun laws. But my post is about the lack of law enforcement in the inner cities. I live in "the ghetto" and have been witnessing the police not caring. I caught one under a viaduct watching a movie on his lap top. Like our Mayor Rahm Emmanuel says, this is "unacceptable".

Originally Posted By: CT8
Most likely no one really cares .

BINGO.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Wait, hasn't gun control fixed this yet?
crazy2.gif

Exactly.

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
Chicago has a very tough gun laws. But my post is about the lack of law enforcement in the inner cities. I live in "the ghetto" and have been witnessing the police not caring. I caught one under a viaduct watching a movie on his lap top. Like our Mayor Rahm Emmanuel says, this is "unacceptable".

Hop on google and search, broken windows theory and deterrence theory. Then write a few dozen research papers (peer reviewed no less, and get published) and then come back and we will discuss. Maybe read over conflict theory as well.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Most likely no one really cares .

Unless some politicians need a 5 minute photo Op
smirk.gif

Qwerty,
How many shootings last year in Chicago ?

Hop on google and search, broken windows theory and deterrence theory. Then write a few dozen research papers (peer reviewed no less, and get published) and then come back and we will discuss. Maybe read over conflict theory as well.

I'm a college graduate. The "broken windows" crime philosophy may have worked in NYC. However, it won't in Chicago due to the extreme segregation and unprofessional police training. The urban communities distrust the police for reasons. Hopefully, this will resolve under new management.

[/quote]

Originally Posted By: georgemiller
If you're a cop in today's society it's time to be come a flower pot.

Yet, if you become a cop you chose the job?

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234

I'm a college graduate. The "broken windows" crime philosophy may have worked in NYC. However, it won't in Chicago due to the extreme segregation and unprofessional police training. The urban communities distrust the police for reasons. Hopefully, this will resolve under new management.

What does police training have to do with it? If police need better training, what training should the criminals receive? After all, the criminals are the real problem. Maybe we should train them? Should we start with marksmanship training so they don't kill innocent bystanders? Seems reasonable doesn't it? Less innocent people dying.

Police do not STOP homicides...they investigate them. You can't blame them for the body count.

There are enough Police in Chicago but not nearly enough Parents!

Originally Posted By: ammolab
Police do not STOP homicides...they investigate them. You can't blame them for the body count.

BINGO....

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: ammolab

BINGO....

Glad to see I am not the only one that knows how simple the answer really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back