09' Honda Civic Amsoil, Redline MTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone I've been debating on what MTF to put in my 5 spd Honda Civic, the factory fill is fine once the car is warmed up but seems to be really notchy in cold weather especially going from 2nd to 3rd when its cold out (doesn't help my shifting ability any especially since this the the first MT car I've owned). I figured using a synthetic replacement for Honda MTF might help a little. Debating on Redline vs. Amsoil. Anyone have any recommendations? Any other Honda Civic MT drivers out there?

I changed the fluid in our 2007 Civic to Amsoil MTF at 40K miles and its smoother than the factory Honda MTF.
All you need is 2 quarts.

This was the very reason that I tried synthetics so many years ago for the first time. I had a MT on my little work truck, and the darn thing just would hardly shift when it was cold. I asked around, and a mechanic told me about Amsoil gear oil, so I tried it. It literally was like a miracle, I could just sit there and change gears back and forth without effort, even in the freezing weather. Smoother driving too.

I've been using Amsoil MTF with no problems. I saw no improvement over the Honda fluid but expect longer life out of the Amsoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back