07 Mazda 3 100K

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my favourite year of Mazda 3 - the rims, the rear black fascia, hatchback and overall styling. Great cars ... I occasionally carpool in 2 of them.

OK, here is the story. This took place at the local Mazda dealer where I bought the car new. By this time the car had between 30 and 40 thousand miles. I went in for an oil change. Took them about 30 minutes. Service guy came and got me; car is ready. I pay, make small talk and get my keys. The service guy had driven my car from the service bay around to the side/front of the dealer where the customer area is. I get in the car, crank the engine. Whoa, something is wrong, the engine is really loud. I look down at the dash, the oil light is on. I turn the car off, get out and pop the hood. The service manager sees me opening the hood and walks out to my car. I tell him the oil light is on. He immediately curses and says "I told those guys the oil fill machine is messed up and to only use quarts for the weekend until we get the machine fixed." So he walks in and comes out with 3 or 4 quarts of oil. By this time my blood pressure is pretty high. The one place I expect to get quality service is the place that lets me down. Anyways, I play nice guy and let him add the 3 or 4 quarts of oil. We go inside, we document what happened, I sign it, and he tries to give me a bunch of service coupons but I said no thanks.

And that is the day I started changing my own oil.

About a year ago that dealership closed. The building/lot is still there, empty.

200,000 miles at a minimum. Thats only 4 more years at my current rate of 25,000 miles/year.

After that, I'll keep it until I get tired of driving it or until it becomes too expensive or inconvenient to maintain.

You are so lucky you're little 'incident didn't cost you the engine!

Similar thing happened with the drain plug falling out of my dad's 1989 Tercel. Dealership just put more oil in and said they'd deal with it if the engine failed - it got wrecked before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back