07 infiniti G35 and castrol 0w30 question?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a an 07 infiniti g35 sport with 500 hundred miles on it... here are my questions...

I bought a new G and want to know if the castrol german 0w30 is ok to use in an 07 G35 Sport? i have about 40 quarts of it...

when should i switch to synthetic..right now the car has 500 miles on it??

when the supply of the castrol is gone will it be okay to switch to mobil 1 or amsoil??

Thanks for your time
Wade

The answer to your questions is yes, however, you must make sure GC meets the specs listed in your owner's manual if you don't want to give the manufacturer a reason for denying you warranty. If anything should ever happen to the engine, they will be the first to blame improper oil as an easy way out of footing the bill.

As for the right time to switch to synthetic... didn't the car come with synthetic oil from the factory? In any case, I would probably wait until 2K miles and then (re)fill with synthetic.

I like 3k changes until 10k and then switch to synthetic at 5k interval. To go more then 5k use oil analysis as a guide.

What does your owner's manual say to do wrt viscosity/synthetics/SAE specs? This is a good starting point to address your questions. If you are not using the dealer for OC's, then you'll have to provide receipts for the oil and filters you used when you changed it yourself, or someone else did.
GC will work well if Infinity says OK.

so you think it will be safe to put synthetic in car at 2000 miles...my concern is all the talk about seals not setting in engine...or should i wait until 3750 miles then do it. i have read and some people are changing oil at 1000 miles with dino because of metal shavings...what is everyone's take on that subject....

thanks
Wade

Quote:

I like 3k changes until 10k and then switch to synthetic at 5k interval. To go more then 5k use oil analysis as a guide.

+1

This is what I do as well (although I was doing changes every 2,500 miles on my STi with conventional oil and semi-synthetic oil then finally switched to GC at 10,000 with a 5,000 OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back