05 Toyota 1GR-FE 4.0 V6, GC Syntec Green 0w/30, 5090m

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my second analysis with the Green.

Here's a link to my first analysis:
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=003278

Syntec still doing an awesome job protecting according to Terry.

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
4.0 V6 - 1GR-FE engine
5090 miles on Castrol Syntec 0w/30 Green, batch M02338, 6 qts, no makeup oil added
14200 total miles on engine
Mobil One oil filter M1-209 (1/2 qt oversize)
Stock paper air filter

• Alumnium - 2
    Chromium - 1
    Iron - 14
    Copper - 11
    Lead - 1
    Tin - 1
    Moly - 2
    Nickel - 0
    Manganese - 25
    Silver - 0
    Titanium - 0
    Potassium - 1
    Boron - 2
    Silicon - 17
    Sodium - 1
    Calcium - 2876
    Magnesium - 121
    Phosphorus - 785
    Zinc - 912
    Barium - 0
    SUS Viscosity at 210 - 62.4
    Flashpoint - 460
    Fuel - Antifreeze - 0
    Water - 0
    Insolubles - 0.2
    TBN - 5.3

85% of the miles on this run were up and down dirt/gravel roads, and the area I live in is dusty to begin with. This next cycle I swear I will not even open the airbox. Thankfully I don't have to make this commute anymore. Been using 87 octane fuel (mid-grade here in CO) along with FP60. Definite 2 mpg increase while using FP60
smile.gif
which makes up for the 2 mpg loss I saw when getting the 33" tires.
grin.gif

This next cycle I will drop down to the 85 octane (reg unleaded in CO) while still using FP60 and see if it drops the fuel and manganese levels. Staying out the airbox, plus not doing the dirt road run should help the silicon level. I hope those two coming down will lower the copper and iron in turn. I see other UOA's on this engine have higher wear numbers too.
dunno.gif

Amazingly, I found another 6 quarts of the Green at my local AZ! M04 date code. This was the last 6 quarts they had at the back of the display case.
cheers.gif
And I switched over to a K-N oil filter.

Interesting about the engine. I hope the change in driving and staying out of the airbox helps you. Each of my 1grfe's will be getting a UOA when they surpass 10k just to see what they are wearing like. Do you have an oil cooler under your filter?

If I read my dates correctly, this oil was in service around 2.5 months. Is that correct? Now that you appear to have straightened out a few ripples, do you intend to get some decent utility out of the oil??

quote:

If I read my dates correctly, this oil was in service around 2.5 months. Is that correct? Now that you appear to have straightened out a few ripples, do you intend to get some decent utility out of the oil??

I am going to stick with the 5000 mile intervals to keep in line with warranty requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back