hyper lube racing oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is this product at kregan its called hyper lube. they have many products that help keep ur engine cool. they have radiator fluid that is very cool and they have a oil supplement.

the oil goes in ur car and said for use to keep engine cool and reduce wear. i would never use this product but i am courious as to how it works and if it damages the engine. they said that its for racing...what u guys think..

A few years back I worked for some guys who had us use HY-PER-LUBE in almost everything. As far as I could see, it was just a STP clone that made oil thicker. I didn't see it do any good, nor any harm where we used it---'cept to the budget. I've even worked for a guy why wanted us to use Slick50 in our air compressors...I kinda 'forgot' to add it during the oil changes.

There are lots of brands of coolant additives that claim to improve heat transfer by reducing the surfact tension of the coolant. Redline has a red one, hyperlube has the green stuff, Lubegard has some...probably all the same stuff with different dye. I've heard from folks that it doesn't do much.

Ken

yea i think its a way to get consumers to pay more for things that dont work. or work but is bad..like zmax. additives are a rip off in my opinion, though i was a sucker till i came to this site.

Some people swear the RedLine Water Wetter works great (maybe if you run straight water with no coolant) but I have tried it in a few cooling systems with absolutely no observable effect.

I have used Redline Water Wetter for years. I live in Southern California where it gets hot in the summer. I use it with just water and it has dropped my (2)Aerostar temps by nearly 20 degrees!

Also my son has a 2002 Ford Focus ZTS with the Zetec DOHC engine. These little guys run hot. Water Wetter helped out but about 7 degrees (running standard 50/50 mix)

http://www.redlineoil.com/products.htm

Tender,
It would be interesting for you to do a short-term summer test of your engine temperatures with plain water without WaterWetter. Then add the WaterWetter and check again. Just water carries about twice the heat of straight antifreeze, and I think that the heat capacity of a mixture is proportional to the percentage of antifreeze.

Ken

Ken2

I did not measure the temperature, but I did run one van a very short time on plain water, the water started boiling and the van was rapidly on it's way to overheating......

I believe the more anti freeze added, the less effective the product is.

BTW Water Wetter is supposed to have anti corrosive agents added so it along with water is all one needs if no freezing temperatures are encountered.

It shows on the side of the WaterWetter container that it is most effective with straight water, getting less effective as the antifreeze concentration increases.

Personally, I run it with 25% antifreeze, which covers any temps I'm likely to see in Houston. It will not change the temp at which the thermostat opens, but it does not get as hot in stop and go traffic as it used to.

I also run it with a product called RMI-25, but I think RMI-25 does the same thing as WaterWetter, from the standpoint of reducing temps over straight water. RMI-25 also acts as a cleaner and protectant.

The whole point of water wetter is to run it with very little coolant. That is the only way it's going to work it's best. It was devised so that people could run straight water without worrying about not having water pump lubrication and without worrying about the water boiling off on the hot spots (since WW reduces the surface tension of the water)

I used WW with great success in my supercharged Mustang. Coolant temps dropped noticably, and didn't climb as high after a hard run.

i rememeber i tried that hyper lube..the radiator ran much cooler, but i think thats what messed up my water pump. hehe i need a new one..its not circulating completly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back