Harley owners!!! Whatcha runnin' in all 3 holes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently did an OC on my '11 Streetglide. Switched everything over to Amsoil. I was running theie 'Supershift' in the primary, and didn't like the feel of it. I drained it, and went with the 20w-50. So, I'm running 20w-50 in the engine and primary, and 75w-110 gear oil in the tranny.
Anyone else running this combo? Anyone happy with the Supershift ATF in their primary?
I was thinking about switching to Redline on my next OC. That will probably be next Spring though.
So, whatcha all runnin?

Mobil 1 15w50 in the engine, formula+ in the primary, motorcraft 75w140 in the trans. Harley put the formula+ in the primary during a warranty repair. It will get 15w40 when it gets changed.

Engine: Amsoil 20w-50 Motorcycle Oil.

Primary: Amsoil 20w-50 Motorcycle Oil

6-Speed Transmission: Amsoil 75w-110 Severe Gear

thumbsup2.gif

I use the Redline pack as mentioned above. That covers the engine, trans, primary plus you get a hat, stickers, funnel, fuel system cleaner and some other neat stuff.

I have used Amsoil and mobil 1 v-twin before ,but never noticed enough difference or performance to keep using it,so I changed to Valvoline Vr-1 20/50 wt in the motor, Coastal regular 75/90 wt gear oil in the trans, and Rotella t 15/40 wt in the primary. The Motor is quiet, and it shifts smooth without that first gear bang. Just clicks into gear.This combination works fine in my '96 ex cop bike.Your results may vary.,,

My upcoming winter storage change will consist of:
Engine: Will do a leftover coctail using a mix of M1 15w-50/Valvo VR1 20w-50 and NAPA 15w-50 full syn.
Primary: Rotella 15w-40
Tranny: Currently Amsoil 20w-50 but next change will use a free qt of Kawasaki 80w-90 gear lube.

Last edited:
Engine: Valvoline VR-1 20W-50 Racing (conventional)
Transmission: Mobil 1 75W-90 LS
Primary: Mobil Delvac 15W-40

Sportster: Valvoline VR-1 Racing (conventional) in both holes

08 Heritage Softail

Mobil 1 20-50 MC oil in engine & transmission.
Mobil 1 10-40 MC oil in the primary.

I've found that the clutch works better with the 10-40 weight verses the 20-50 weight.

08 Road King: Amsoil 20w-50 in engine and primary. 75-110w in tranny.
2011 FLHTK; Schaffers 7500 20w-50 in engine and primary and Amsoil 75-110W in tranny..

Just like trying different combos..

Red line shock proof heavy in tranny. Red-line primary oil and spring/fall 5w-50 or rotella t-6 and straight 50 in summer. 08 street bob

I hate to hijack but I've recently become interested in the USA air cooled twin.

In a Japanese bike you have motor oil doing everything. I understand you have your motor oil but what in the other two plugs. AND, what is a primary? My guess is that it is the big, double roller chain connecting the motor to the trans, but I'm not well versed in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back