ZINC 821
BARIUM 0
SUS Viscosity @ 210F 54.0
Flashpoint deg. F 370
Fuel % Antifreeze % 0.0
Water % 0.0
Insolubles % .3
TBN 2.4

Comments: No problems showed up in the initial sample from your Toyota. All wear read at or below universal averages, which are based on an oil run of 4100mi. Your wear was in the proper balance to indicate normally wearing parts at work inside your 2.7L. The viscosity of the oil was slightly low but no fuel, coolant, or moisture was present to account for the shift. Insolubles were low at 0.3%, showing good oil filtration. Air filtration is working well too. The TBN read 2.4 showing some active additive left. Try 5500 mil next time.

Note: Engine has been slightly overfilled with oil since day 1. Owner's manual says capacity with new oil filter is 6.1 US quarts. I experimented this oil change and found out that 5.2 quarts will hit the full mark on the dipstick with a warm engine and new filter. This is a common thing apparently on this engine as others have reported the same problem on several other forums. I've never run into this problem before on any other vehicle that I've changed oil on. The owner's manual is usually very close in oil capacity. I expect with less oil in the crank, my TBN and viscosity would have degraded quicker, so I'm sticking with < 5K changes.

Side note: I switched to Havoline SM, but it looks like Pennzoil has a decent shot of Moly too!

Nice to see a UOA on a new truck using dino oil. Especially with outstanding results like this!

Owners manual and dipstick variance is a little disturbing. Does your model sit level or is the back jacked up like a Ford? Try raising the front 3 inches and check the level on the dipstick that way.

Havoline and Pennzoil should perform the same and insol should drop to .2 eventually.

Oil Filter = Toyota OEM 90915-YZZG1

Yes, the manual/dipstick difference concerns me too. I wrote the manufacturer about it, and they told me to use the dipstick when adding oil versus just pouring in 6 quarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back