Recent Topics
Octagonal cross section .060 string trimmer line ?
by LoneRanger
19 minutes 19 seconds ago
Is Schlotzskys Deli out of business?
by gman2304
22 minutes 23 seconds ago
Oil costs and recommened OCIs?
by fdcg27
Today at 09:28 AM
55gallons of m1
by NStuart
Today at 08:29 AM
Engine Oil , please need assistance !!!
by rsolo
Today at 08:16 AM
0W-20 or 5W-20 for 06 Sentra in NYC winter
by MoneyJohn
Today at 05:36 AM
M1 0-40, 3.395K, 2006 WRX STI
by chado_skins
Today at 04:57 AM
Are my ignition wires out of spec in ohms?
by ziggy
Today at 03:21 AM
Nano Energizer additive
by Fadi
Today at 01:48 AM
Best value 15w40 for 5kW Army generator
by beavis87
Yesterday at 11:48 PM
Staggered Tire Setup in RWD
by FlyPenFly
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
Sticky oil
by zerosoma
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Should I change my oil?
by Greatwhite7
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Popping while turning right?
by beavis87
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
Should I add this green Lubegard?
by beavis87
Yesterday at 10:50 PM
Pentofrost E. 5 quarts.
by Vlad_the_Russian
Yesterday at 10:48 PM
Dodge Charger Rental car review
by gregk24
Yesterday at 10:09 PM
Opinions Please about Delo 400 XLE Synblend 10W30
by Pas_Bon
Yesterday at 09:51 PM
natural gas generator
by mobilaltima
Yesterday at 09:07 PM
Delo 400 xle in a 5.4 3v Ford Triton??
by 2012AccentSE
Yesterday at 08:51 PM
Newest Members
SDANGERS, V_A, tapper1, carpetguy, stangdude
61961 Registered Users
Who's Online
78 registered (Backwoods41695, bdcardinal, 92saturnsl2, Bamaro, 555, 8 invisible), 2340 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
61961 Members
66 Forums
267019 Topics
4416046 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#613378 - 09/26/04 12:42 AM accidentally sipped antifreeze
cweed Offline


Registered: 05/11/04
Posts: 289
Loc: US
first, sorry about the off-topic, but this is the busiest section and i am hoping that someone could get back to me quickly. I accidentally sipped little antifreeze which i spit out quickly and rinsed my mouth thoroughly, so i didnt swallow any, but it was in my mouth for a few seconds. should i be worried or should i go see a doctor or anything, please advise.... dont even ask me how it got in my mouth, its a long story [Frown]

thanks and sorry again for the off topic!

Top
#613379 - 09/26/04 12:44 AM Re: accidentally sipped antifreeze
mkosem Offline


Registered: 11/13/02
Posts: 864
Loc: OH, US
I've ingested a bit of antifreeze in my day. You're fine. It would take a bit to even get you sick.

--Matt

Top
#613380 - 09/26/04 12:45 AM Re: accidentally sipped antifreeze
farang Offline


Registered: 08/20/04
Posts: 122
Loc: Los Angeles, California
Contact your poison control center and ask them first.

If I were you, I would wash my mouth in running water for at least 15min and then go to the doctor!

Top
#613381 - 09/26/04 12:47 AM Re: accidentally sipped antifreeze
Pablo Offline


Registered: 10/28/02
Posts: 47130
Loc: Duvall WA - Pacific NW USA
Good advice on the poison center...I got some (100%) on my lip once and it blistered.

Just rinse and rinse. You should be fine.

Top
#613382 - 09/26/04 12:52 AM Re: accidentally sipped antifreeze
darkdan Offline


Registered: 09/18/03
Posts: 897
Loc: owatonna, mn
Does it taste as good as they say?

Top
#613383 - 09/26/04 12:55 AM Re: accidentally sipped antifreeze
cweed Offline


Registered: 05/11/04
Posts: 289
Loc: US
thanks for the advice, my lip or tongue didnt blister or anything, i washed my mouth out very well with toothpaste and even soap, nasty, and yeah its really sweet, but i spit it out quickly so i dont know the exact taste, but yeah its sweet....

Top
#613384 - 09/26/04 12:56 AM Re: accidentally sipped antifreeze
pscholte Offline


Registered: 07/02/03
Posts: 5280
Loc: WTWCSDTP
quote:
Originally posted by darkdan:
Does it taste as good as they say?

[Roll Eyes]

Top
#613385 - 09/26/04 12:57 AM Re: accidentally sipped antifreeze
XS650 Offline


Registered: 12/21/03
Posts: 12385
Loc: Northern CA
quote:
Originally posted by darkdan:
Does it taste as good as they say?

Only if you're a dog. [Smile]

I've gotten a bit on my lips from wiping my face off with AF on my hands. It's sweet but I didn't think it was very pleasant. I definitely wouldn't use it as a sweetener. [No no]

Top
#613386 - 09/26/04 01:02 AM Re: accidentally sipped antifreeze
55Test Offline


Registered: 09/22/04
Posts: 1965
Loc: New Brunswick
I got a bunch of gasline antifreeze in my mouth one time. I was opening a bottle of gasline antifreeze with my teeth (don't ask me why) and the cap came off rather suddenly, and I got a mouthful of the liquid. Nasty stuff, it is.

Top
#613387 - 09/26/04 01:05 AM Re: accidentally sipped antifreeze
pscholte Offline


Registered: 07/02/03
Posts: 5280
Loc: WTWCSDTP
quote:
Originally posted by 55:
I got a bunch of gasline antifreeze in my mouth one time. I was opening a bottle of gasline antifreeze with my teeth (don't ask me why) and the cap came off rather suddenly, and I got a mouthful of the liquid. Nasty stuff, it is.

bet you didn't "freeze up" all winter though! [Wink]

Top
#613388 - 09/26/04 01:30 AM Re: accidentally sipped antifreeze
cousincletus Offline


Registered: 09/25/02
Posts: 2513
Loc: Richmond, VA
Antifreeze does have a nice sweet taste to it, but a little shouldn't do any harm as long as you didn't swallow. [Big Grin] My guess is if you call the poison center they will suggest that you see your doc just to cover their a$$es. Personally I wouldn't worry about it.

Top
#613389 - 09/26/04 01:33 AM Re: accidentally sipped antifreeze
Dominic Offline


Registered: 07/04/02
Posts: 1849
Loc: Gilbertsville, PA
You'll be fine. Its actually more harmful to get used motor oil or gasoline on your skin than it is to accidentally get antifreeze in your mouth. Ethylene Glycol is not highly toxic.

Now, get motor oil/gasoline in your mouth? Thats a problem.

Top
#613390 - 09/26/04 01:35 AM Re: accidentally sipped antifreeze
Thomas Pyrek Offline


Registered: 02/18/04
Posts: 575
Loc: Wisconsin
quote:
Originally posted by cweed:
first, sorry about the off-topic, but this is the busiest section and i am hoping that someone could get back to me quickly. I accidentally sipped little antifreeze which i spit out quickly and rinsed my mouth thoroughly, so i didnt swallow any, but it was in my mouth for a few seconds. should i be worried or should i go see a doctor or anything, please advise.... dont even ask me how it got in my mouth, its a long story [Frown]

thanks and sorry again for the off topic!

Pepsi in one hand, Antifreeze in the other and you took the wrong sip?

Top
#613391 - 09/26/04 02:14 AM Re: accidentally sipped antifreeze
Robert R. Wilson Offline


Registered: 02/13/04
Posts: 30
Loc: Agua Dulce California
A woman was recently convicted of murdering her husband. She did it by spiking his Gatoraid with antifreeze.

Top
#613392 - 09/26/04 02:17 AM Re: accidentally sipped antifreeze
cweed Offline


Registered: 05/11/04
Posts: 289
Loc: US
Actually i had just topped off the overflow a few times as my low coolant light went off yesterday and no matter how much i added it wouldnt go off... right after i was under the car with the car running checking if im still leaking power steering fluid (unrelated story), well the coolant overflowed and some splashed down and poured on my face and straight into my mouth, i turned my head QUICKLY and spit it out and went straight home and rinsed and rinsed.... i heard that a teaspoon is enough to kill a cat so i was worried that the little bit that went in my mouth was harmful.... the stupid things we do sometimes with our cars.......... [I dont know] what exactly does antifreeze do to you anyway if say you do take enough of it??

by the way, i should mention, it turned out my coolant sensor is bad!

[ September 26, 2004, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: cweed ]

Top
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >