Red Line Fuel System Cleaner. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it for the first time today whilst at the Advance Auto Parts. Not too pricey, going in the next tank. Good stuff? or "just another additive for the lemmings"?

someone post of concern that it harms nylon a while ago. but i have been using it for 6 month without any issue... YET...

I have used it in every car I have ever owned and never ever had a problem. In fact after giving away a few bottle many othe now use it from first hand experience.

Sl-2 was BMW certified for continous fuel system cleanliness and SL-1 is just the concentrated version. One ounce per 10 gallons.

Have used it at the maintenancedose for over a year and some years just a cleanup every 3000 miles. Actually went to fuel injection class why in tech school and the fuel injection cleaning made no differece in 5-Gas readings. Another car that was running poorly we ran on SL-1 for 3 days (200 miles) and then tried 5-Gas and was much better and once again no difference with a Fuel injector service.

My vote is it is the absolute best fuel injector cleaner ever!

I really like all the Redline products, fantastic company.

I've had great luck with:

Redline SL-1

Techron Concnetrate

Valvoline Synpower Complete Fuel System Cleaner

Now I also use FP60 and UCL.

I wonder how a maintenance dose of 2 oz FP60 and 1 oz Redline SL-1 per tank would perform?

I second that, it cure my ride hesitation between 2-3k rpm after i did my overhaul recently. Really good stuffs
bowdown.gif

OT: Don't suppose there's anyone in ID that wants to split a 5-gallon pail with me, is there? It's SOOO much cheaper that way for me, but 5 gallons will last me over 185,000 miles (that's a whole lot of years for BOTH our cars combined). PM if interested.

I just got some Red Line. I'll be putting it in the gas tank of a '77 280Z. The gas tank has been dropped flushed and sealed. I used POR-15 http://www.por15.com/PRODUCTS/COMPLETEKITS/FUELTANKREPAIRKIT/tabid/106/Default.aspx . Question Do I need to put and entire bottle in for my first treatment? And the do the 10 oz method later? And how often would I use it? Any recommendations ?

Thanks

P.S Super site and members too.

YES just drop a bottle. Heck even seen it done on a 900CC bike. One tank one bottle. Just cleaned it up right away and was of to the races (at least the way he rode). After that 1 ounce per 10 Gallons. Me just once an oil change seems to do wonders.

According to the bottle, it says it also acts as an upper cylinder lubricant. How does this product compare with Lucas UCL and FP 60 in that regard?

I just picked up a bottle, and have a feeling I am going to like this product.

quote:

Originally posted by bulwnkl:
OT: Don't suppose there's anyone in ID that wants to split a 5-gallon pail with me, is there? It's SOOO much cheaper that way for me, but 5 gallons will last me over 185,000 miles (that's a whole lot of years for BOTH our cars combined). PM if interested.

SI-1, my mistake. I just look for the red bottle :)

I'm in Colorado, so Idaho might be too far away to be practical... but I'd sure consider doing something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back