SLOB at BigLots

Status
Not open for further replies.
My BigLots still has tons of this stuff, if it is any good why doesn't it fly off of the shelves. SLOB = Street Legal Oil Boost, CD-2 pink bottle.

TallPaul, aren't you still using this stuff?

My local Big Lots runs out two weeks after it gets a shipment so I am guessing there are people out there grabbing this stuff.

I have 12 bottles of SLOB. Unfortunately have not been able to use it yet because I had to use up some older STP zddp stuff (not the thick crap). Anyway, then Bruce381 gave me some 21000 ppm zinc, etc. PCMO additive and I have to try that out for him. Sometime late this fall the SLOB should get a tryout. Meanwhile, I am waiting for the VOA of it as I just sent the sample in yesterday.

Well, as soon as I drain the Redline, I may SLOB the..
grin.gif
.SAAB.
grin.gif

But I hate to drain that ester goodness to quickly. Yes, I may go 5k or more with it.
grin.gif

Hey, for a known sludger that's a big deal!

That's about where I'm at. The Aerostar is filled with Redline and halfway through it's OCI (approx 6000 miles and one year). Motorhome may rack the miles though if we take a trip soon and then I could SLOB it.

What type of oil are you gonna run w/ your SLOB? I had been planning to do a 15W40 HDEO for my next OCI but w/ SLOB that may be a little too high a viscosity!

Both those vehicles would run 10w30. The motorhome either Maxlife SL or Pennzoil Synthetic SL. The Aerostar will get Maxlife Synthetic which is 11.5 cSt. In either case the SLOB should be fine. I was inclined to half a bottle, but now think the whole bottle would be better for about 400 ppm boost.

I was thinking about it for spicing up my more mundane oils like my SuperTech 5W30s and 10W40s I don't have the specs on them, though...and given how they use so many different suppliers, I am not sure I could get them.

I am planning to try it with some Havoline dino 10W30 in my Jeep. I figure with the high Moly in the Havoline, and the add the heavy dose of Calcium, Phosphorus, and Zinc in SLOB, it may just create the perfect oil. Am hoping to do a before and after UOA to see what happens with it.

There's no reason to use most of the stuff here if you do frequent OCI's, but if you want a little boost...

Seems to me that juicing the oil with zddp and calcium (also in SLOB) should allow for an extension of the oci length.

For the record here are the numbers I was given for SLOB (only asked these parameters):

zinc: 4700 ppm
phosphorus: 4300 ppm
calcium: 7800 ppm
moly: 0
viscosity: 28 cSt @100C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back