gas gauge issues TECHRON??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought an 02 GP GT the gas gauge kind of wants to stay on full and float back to full when near full.Which techron is the best ? I heard it may cure this issue.Normally when I use these products I use very little gas but seeing as how it is sticking at full I would have to fill it up again to clean the sticking part of the float right?? I know its a long shot but its worth a try.

Yes I read on here others have used it to fix erratic gauges I think? Has anyone seen this GM cleaner ???Fuel System Treatment Plus 88861011

Last edited:
The fuel system cleaner is the techron you want.

If that doesn't work give seafoam a shot

If that doesn't work try MMO

If none of those work drop it off at the dealer and let them mess with it!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: maybehabitformin
yeah take it to the dealer i will bring the vaseline lol

We really need a like functiom kinda like facebook lol. This made me laugh!!
lol.gif

Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner. Dont get that confused with Chevron Pro-Guard injector cleaner. Similar bottle but with lesser amounts of PEA.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
chemtool b-12

+1 Old school and works. I have used it for years. Typically the tank full before an oil change.

My Nissans gauge has shown 3/4 when full for years. I have also used Techron concentrate for years as well...hasn't helped my gauge at all. I might try the Chemtool.

It fixed the sending unit on our now deceased (RIP) Chevy, but it took two consecutive bottles to completely clear up.

Last year I tried two tanks with Techron in it when my gas guage was slow to return to full after a fill up. This was on a 04 explorer. I then tried MMO the recommended amount and no problems after the next fill.

A heavy dose of MMO has now worked 3 times for my own personal vehicles. Techron is very good for fixing fuel sending units as is Redline S1. It seems like quite a few products have their success stories getting the job done. The key is don't throw in the towel if you don't get results after the first treatment. Give it a second try.

I'd be willing to bet if Techron doesn't work following up with a few tanks of gas using a UCL like TCW3 might help too. Please note the words following up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back