supertech fuel injector cleaner...anygood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
while walking down the aisle in wally world, i recently stumbled across a few of supertech's fuel treatments. one which probably is like stp red bottle, on the bottom shelf. then theres the carb/injector cleaner, and a shelf above that a few more. my question, because i used the search button and came up neg, is who makes supertechs fuel treatment. anygood? any results?

Not really worth trying since we know Gumout and Techron in the same aisle have PEA.

You could also splurge and give the $20 for the fuel system service. For me it cleared up deposits that Techron and Gumout could not reach.

im not sure but im confident its stp. personally i try and grab gumout if its cheap at big lots or
better yet chevron fuel system cleaner when on sale. ive used mmo as well.
personally i use them 3-4 times a year. minimal if any benefit of these at all. id like to think im doing positive.
but again a tiny 155ml bottle in a gas tank?? i dont think stp works at all. they market the products as
cheapest being use every fill up--middle use every other fill up and best use every 3000 miles or something..

Anyone know any dealer sources for actual Techron that we don't have to guess if it is PEA or not? Does BMW or Mercedes carry it?

I am a bit concerned if Gumout is off of the PEA list we rely on.

Cuda70383 said:
while walking down the aisle in wally world, i recently stumbled across a few of supertech's fuel treatments. one which probably is like stp red bottle, on the bottom shelf. then theres the carb/injector cleaner, and a shelf above that a few more. my question, because i used the search button and came up neg, is who makes supertechs fuel treatment. anygood? any results?

You can always give it a try and report back.

Originally Posted By: FoxS
You could also splurge and give the $20 for the fuel system service. For me it cleared up deposits that Techron and Gumout could not reach.

I think the proof is in the pudding. Does WM use their own cleaner when performing their $20 fuel system service (which includes an in-tank component, IIRC)? If not, I'd be suspicious of its effectiveness.

Walmart used to use Gumout. Now they use Valvoline I believe.

PEA cleaner for the tank is important. I don't believe the cleaner put through the brake booster line needs to be the same. Certainly in the 3m kit it is different.

Im really curious as to how effective SuperTech's FI/Carb cleaner is. Ive got a bunch of the bottles at home and Im using it right now in my Ninja since I just pulled it out of storage. The carb is running fine and isnt sluggish at all but I figure meh a good cleaner treatment of carb cleaner and MMO will probably not be bad. I hate carbs and I'll always do what I can to never HAVE to take them out to be cleaned.

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Originally Posted By: FoxS

I think the proof is in the pudding. Does WM use their own cleaner when performing their $20 fuel system service (which includes an in-tank component, IIRC)? If not, I'd be suspicious of its effectiveness.

the products used in the $20 service are valvoline

not a single supertech product in my store's shop (only because we ran out of supertech PSF and had to store use a different brand)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back