another lucas thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh heck with it. The thread is jacked anyway.
I'll just read threw all the old posts and keep it to myself.

Yall would fail in reading comprehension miserably

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: electrolover
I have been trying to search info on lucas oil stabilizer and its hard to come up with anything because all of the research was done so many years ago.

Could you guys help me compile data in this thread please? Like voas and uoas data sheets....stuff that.

It would be cool to get all the FACTS in one thread.

Now I know its not very well respected here but lets not have a flame war or arguement here please. Im already assuming everyone feels its junk and leave it on the shelf and oil doesn't need to be stabilized so theres no need for those comments...

With over 2000 posts you should know better that to ask about Lucas. If you want your oil to work better buy better oil. Even if you could find tests that show Lucas was the best thing since sliced bread, it would only mean when added to a specific oil with a specific additive pack it did wonderful things. With other additives packs it might make the engine fall out of the car, who knows.

So because I have a few posts and just want to compile data for people to be able to look at instead of posting the same stupid questions about the same additive every month because the search is jacked and most of the data is buried and lost under another server name you got the right to bash on me. Got it...

Maybe we just need to make a sticky that says Lucas sucks dont ask!!!!!! Problem solved

Originally Posted By: Lillikai
I dont think it stabilizes anything, its just an oil thickener.

My coworker has an older ford that uses oil frequently (1qt every 4k miles). He tried Pennzoil high mileage 5w-30 thinking it would slow down his consumption, but it did not. He added a bottle of Lucas to it and it didn't consume oil during his 4k mile oci.

I believe from what I've heard that its only use is to thicken the oil.

But honestly if you need an oil thickener, I'd just run a thicker weighted oil instead of paying the ridiculous price for a bottle of Lucas.

Just my 2 cents.

Member that part in the original post when I said im not looking for comments like oil doesn't need to be stabilized. .......and I was looking to post facts??????
Did you read the original post or just jump in with your two cents????
You can have em back. I know what it does and what its good for. I was just trying to make an actual contribution to the site..

Uoas with wear numbers. Maybe same car same oil with and without...

Its in here.....but where?????

1. We know UOA's don't give us real numbers for "wear", so that point is moot.

2. What do you honestly expect to gain from dumping retardedly thick Rhino Snot into a properly blended lubricant? The sudden appearance of [censored] on your engine, blessing it with a million HP and the ability to travel through time?

Actually, quite a few of us have excellent reading comprehension. The issue is that this topic has been covered extensively by other posters, and you obviously don't like the "answers" you are seeing, so you've decided to ask it for yourself, prefacing it with a request for positive comments as to intentionally jade the "outcome" of this discourse. That has failed to manifest itself in the manner in which you'd hoped for and so subsequently you've resorted to calling us all incompetent. Bravo!
smirk.gif

Dealerships I worked for used it when they took a bad trade, and wanted to thicken up the oil to unload the car, or smother engine noise. It worked just long enough to sell the car, many came back after the oil was changed by the new owner. I guess that's a positive comment.

Overkill I wasnt trying to make it look good. I just wanted to get all the data together showing its trash for quick reference. I figured it might help out future members who want to ask questions and then want proof for the answers we give them.

I figured a good voa and some uoas and maybe other data showing no possible advantages all in one place would be good.. I guess the rest of you saw it as a waist of time

Overkill I wasnt trying to make it look good. I just wanted to get all the data together showing its trash for quick reference. I figured it might help out future members who want to ask questions and then want proof for the answers we give them.

I figured a good voa and some uoas and maybe other data showing no possible advantages all in one place would be good.. I guess the rest of you saw it as a waist of time

Maybe even a waste of time
wink.gif
LOL!

Seriously though, there were images posted "back in the day" of it on here, showing that it foamed like crazy when mixed with oil. While a VOA/UOA might add "something" to that, I think the pictures spoke far more to what the product ACTUALLY did than what those things would tell us. Hopefully you see where I am coming from here.

A UOA/VOA is only going to tell us as to the components of the product and how much it dilutes the host oil's additive package. It doesn't tell us anything about how the product BEHAVES. The pictures illustrated that characteristic quite well, and I think THAT was of significant value.

I just can't let this one go. Suggesting "yall" have miserable reading comprehension is hilarious to me. I'm not usually a stickler for proper English, but this is funny.

I have read bobs tests on it. If I remember correctly another oil performed just as well climbing the gears and didnt foam up at high speed. Dont remember how to find it tho....

I just figured if we had all the real data in one place it would be cool.
Sorry I went off on everyone but I felt like they were wrecking the thread.

I mean you look at all the old LOS threads and folks are telling noobs its junk but haven't got the data to show. Or the thread is so old the oildropserver links dont work anymore. I just dont want all that. Research to be lost ya know.

I have read about uoas with and without it and they were exactly the same but then when I click the link its no good. You can read about people talking about the data but its hard to find.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440

I just can't let this one go. Suggesting "yall" have miserable reading comprehension is hilarious to me. I'm not usually a stickler for proper English, but this is funny.

.but in texas yall is not slang..it is ANGLISH. Lol

I have read bobs tests on it. If I remember correctly another oil performed just as well climbing the gears and didnt foam up at high speed. Dont remember how to find it tho....

I just figured if we had all the real data in one place it would be cool.
Sorry I went off on everyone but I felt like they were wrecking the thread.

I mean you look at all the old LOS threads and folks are telling noobs its junk but haven't got the data to show. Or the thread is so old the oildropserver links dont work anymore. I just dont want all that. Research to be lost ya know.

I have read about uoas with and without it and they were exactly the same but then when I click the link its no good. You can read about people talking about the data but its hard to find.

The other oil was Schaeffer's
smile.gif

One tends to question things that don't sound correct. Oil unlike gas does not need to be stabilized. In the boating world one changes the oil in the fall and your engine is good to go in the spring. Gas normally gets stabilized. So I question why a company sells a oil stabilizer. Given that the oil will be the same in the spring as it was in the fall, could a stabilizer work. Now if you are putting your boat to bed with old oil and feel a stabilizer is needed you are just plain stupid.

Its similar to PRI-G that claims to make old gas new. While it might stabilize new gas nothing can fix up old gas except to re-refine it if thats possible. Those were comments from Chevron I posted years ago.

Ok so heres my personal anecdote
A couple years ago I put lucas in my rearend. It says on the bottle to use the whole bottle with rearend oil and there is no need for a friction modifier with a posi. Well my tires started chirping around turns and in the span of a month it worn down the clutches in my posi. I changed it out to RP 75/140 for positrac but by that time it was too late. I dont have limited slip anymore.
Wish I had joined the forum a little earlier!!!

But I have used the trans fix in a few transmissions that were on the way out and it does seem to help. Its in my explorer right now. The explorers have shift flare issues from servos binding up and in this case it seems a thincker fluid actually helps. Its not fixed but it helped. most of these transmissions go out at around 100k. Im goin to see how long this one will last before I have it rebuilt. Im hoping for 150k. If it makes it would that be related to lucas. I think so but I couldnt prove it. I can honestly tell you it doesn't flare as much since I put it in

http://web.archive.org/web/20100926133335/http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

Found it!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back