Received a reply on "G-OIL" on it's shelf life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received the below reply concerning the shelf life of G-Oil. They give it a two year sealed shelf life.

The only problem is their stated warranty on the oil is only good if put into service with 6 months after purchase.

goil.jpg

wow only two years?!
shocked.gif

I think they are just playing it safe though. It should last longer then that but i guess the oil's performance will begin to go downhill which is normal as the oil ages but not after sitting for only 2 years...

I guess i better use up my free jug at my next OC.

I think they are playing it safe also but I am still going to bump my three jugs to the front of the stash line for next use anyways.

Received an unsolicited update from G-Oil. They now claim the 2 year shelf life is incorrect and now are stating it can go up to 5 years.

get.jpg

Never heard of an oil that goes bad on the shelf, not sure I'd use it at all.
Why does it go bad so soon, even 5 years isn't good IMHO.

Originally Posted By: John-r
Never heard of an oil that goes bad on the shelf, not sure I'd use it at all.
Why does it go bad so soon, even 5 years isn't good IMHO.

To be fair, most of the other big names will only give 5 year shelf life also.

At one time, Shell stated 10 years but backed it off to 5 years also.

All motor oil should last indefinitely especially when stored in a cool dry place, sealed or unsealed.

Some additives can settle out but simply shaking the bottle before using is all that's necessary.
Heck I've got some 25 year old oil that I'm still using.

The biggest problem will keeping oil for a long time is that it will become obsolete for use in newer vehicles.
Even 5 years is a long time in that regard.

I think that it's pretty safe to say that the shelf life of G-Oil is the same as any other oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back