2002 honda civic LX transmission fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use ATF-DW1 from the dealer. Depending on the dealer, the price can range between $7-$9/qt.

We use Chevron Multi Vehicle ATF in Honda's it meets all of their specs and shifts the same and has worked perfectly for many years in many Hondas with ATF. In manuals I have tried
Honda Manual Trans oil and Chevron Synthetic 10W-30 Motor Oil with no difference in feel, shifting, fuel milage, leakage etc. between the two.

If it were my 02 Civic, I'd be running MaxLife Dex/Merc. In fact, that's exactly what I am doing in an 01 Civic with ~170k and soon an 07 Accord too. Reading recent MaxLife threads on this board, many Honda owners are currently using ML, some even preferring it over pricey DW-1. ML is highly respected here, and with spec'd Z-1 discontinued for your vehicle, ML a solid choice imo.

It's readily available at ~$4.50/qt in the gallon jug, either thru Advance Auto or Walmart online shipped to your door. Quite a savings over DW-1 which is $8.25/qt list, which is what most stealerships quote.

maxlife in both the vehicles in my signature. It will work great with pretty much all Honda Auto Trans. 15.99 at autozone in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back