eneos sustina 0w20 voa

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry about improper format; blackstone says: moly 118; boron 176; calcium 2177; magnesium 10; phosphorus 601; zinc 489; SUS viscosity@210degreesF 51.1; cSt viscosity@100degreesC 7.60; Flashpoint in degreesF 405; TBN 8.2;

sorry artem, i am computer challenged; blackstone commented that it was unusual but not alarming that there is more phosphorus present than zinc; uoa will be more useful; as previously noted elsewhere i drive 8k miles per month; uoa will happen soon; it appears from the uoa on my old oil that my operating conditions are not particularly hard on motor oils.

the baseline numbers are now established; uoas coming soon! we will see how well the eneos zinc formula works; sustina is indeed too expensive- however, i can recover costs rapidly with fuel cost savings; also, on a side note, thank you caterham; i've learned a great deal from you already; i'm a newbie-bitog member of one week.

Originally Posted By: cp3
Thanx for doing this!

TBN is a bit off from the PDS.

Yes, that TBN is more than a little disappointing.
frown.gif
(One of the reasons I wanted to mix it with the Red Line 0W-30 was to bring up that oil's relatively low TBN, but this VOA shows it as almost equal to the RL!)

I take it they are using the newest, 'trimer' type moly, hence the low number?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Kinda reminds me of SN Honda Genuine by CP.

Of course it's a very different formulation to the Honda CP 0W-20. The 51 point VI difference is just the starting point.

sorry i didn't see you sooner; www.sparktecmotorsports.com; bare bones operation-don't worry; $15/qt total cost-expensive; i think this oil will be a good fit for your vehicles there in tejas; my uoa's will be starting soon; look for improved performance you can feel, 3% better fuel economy, and hopefully extended oci's+ a cleaner, more durable engine.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
Where can one buy this oil? I think it would be great in a Toyota that specs 5w or 0w20.

Also saw it on an endcap at my Napa this morning, no idea on price though.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: Brons2
Where can one buy this oil? I think it would be great in a Toyota that specs 5w or 0w20.

Also saw it on an endcap at my Napa this morning, no idea on price though.

That was probably the Eneos 0W-20, NOT the Sustina (made by Eneos) 0W-20, unless certain NAPAs just started carrying it??

BTW; if you feel better actually talking to the people you are ordering this (or other; Motul/Elf/Red Line/MPT/etc.) expensive oil(s) from (as opposed to just blindly ordering online, as sparktecmotorsports REFUSES to pick up/answer their phones, or voicemails, THIS BOTHERS ME, I don't know about you), there is also eurosyntheticoils.com to purchase from.
wink.gif

thanks for the info! i will plan on doing a field study on motul soon! sparktec was solid inspite the no phone contact issue; i've seen that 8100 0W20 is SM; that said, my ironclad 100k mile hyundai doesn't concern me.

Are you saying you are not concerned about complying with the warranty, or that because you already have 47K on a 2012 you're not worried about it?

[edit] you're also using Redline ATF? I guess you really don't care about the warranty
wink.gif
Hyundai/Kia are pretty hard core about the SPIII, from what I have heard. No doubt though the D4 is a way better fluid.

Last edited:
i used the word "ironclad" facetiously; hyundai's 100k mile warranty is infamous; for my unique circumstances, a 10 year-100,000 mile warranty is actually a 1 year warranty that the manufacturer won't honor anyway; if i have not selected a durable vehicle that will give me many miles of cost-effective motoring, i'm already in trouble at 47k miles; others would correctly think entirely differently, based upon their circumstances; i made absolutely certain that D4 was compatible with factory atf; it is more robust.

Last edited:
they use a new form of zinc, trinuclear moly, and extra boron; my uoa's will be starting soon, so it be interesting to see how that turns out; the great caterham has steered me towards mobil one racing oils-very beefy additive packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back