Shelby Dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I doubt he had any regrets.

If he did, it was putting his name on the Dodge Omnis, er....I mean Chargers, in the mid 80s.

Originally Posted By: Kruse

If he did, it was putting his name on the Dodge Omnis, er....I mean Chargers, in the mid 80s.

In the May Road and Track magazine article about the Shelby 1000 Mustang there is a quote that says, "I had a lot of fun building those Dodge pocket rockets. Every magazine in the country, every publication, said, 'What the [censored] is Shelby doing building those?'"

RIP Shelby

Dont forget pushing Zmax.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr

In the May Road and Track magazine article about the Shelby 1000 Mustang there is a quote that says, "I had a lot of fun building those Dodge pocket rockets. Every magazine in the country, every publication, said, 'What the [censored] is Shelby doing building those?'"

RIP Shelby

He was rolling with the times and MY those cars were fun! My friend owned an (IIRC) '86 (or was it an '87?) black Shelby Omni 024 GLH with the intercooler. So much fun driving in that one.

Originally Posted By: DragRace
Icon - gone.

He had heart transplant at 69, then later a kidney. One tough dude that changed the auto industry.

The Shelby American Collection museum in Boulder, CO. I would recomend anyone that loved the man and ford history to visit the museum.

http://shelbyamericancollection.org/

Agreed.

RIP, Carroll.

He had a fantastic life ... sorry to see him go. RIP Carroll.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr

RIP Shelby

He was rolling with the times and MY those cars were fun! My friend owned an (IIRC) '86 (or was it an '87?) black Shelby Omni 024 GLH with the intercooler. So much fun driving in that one.

HEY - I had a '85 Dodge Onmi GLH Turbo. I doubled the Turbo boost. It really did G.L.H.!!!!
banana2.gif

Sad day indeed for the whole world of motorsports.

I'll think I'll make a pot of chili tonight and watch some vintage Le Mans.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back