Need Brake Pads- Ceramic- Who Makes Good Pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I usually put ceramic brake pads on my car, always had good luck with them. The OEM pads on my Chrysler 300 still have life left on them, but just by the feel of the peddle, I can tell the aren't as good as they used to be, but there not squeaking yet. I usually get 70,000 plus miles on pads, I'm very friendly with braking, plus I don't do a lot of stop and go driving. So my question is " What Ceramic Pads Are Good". Talking, Napa, Auto Zone, O'Reillys, Advanced Auto. Napa has this Ultra Premium Line of Ceramics but expensive, they have a different Ceremic Pads ( Tru-Stop) for 2/3rds less.

Last edited:
I'd order from AAP with a coupon code for cheapest price.

so I'd start by seeing what my options were(ie what they carry)

last month they had a 20$ off 50$ coupon etc

edit:
actually maybe I wouldnt.. not too many options there

I see "wearever platinum premium ceramic" for 55$ (so 35$ after coupon)

They also have wagner thermoquiets for 64$

so 44$ after coupon

there is tax also.

Last edited:
Quite a few good brake pads on the market. Bendix, wagner Thermoquiet, akebono. I tried out the napa adaptive one on my 07 yukon and they perform just like oem pads but they dont dust very much. All of the above will serve you well.

All the big brake makers have something good to offer. Most also have something lesser as well. On a 300 Touring I'd be looking real hard at Pagid pads as a great product if maybe a little dusty for the money but where you are they might be more expensive or less available which would make them a bad choice. Thermoquiets are good for quiet operation in mild use these days, but I wouldn't use them myself just because I can't get past the dangerous [censored] they put out under that name 10 years ago.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
Akebono, which is japanese toyota oem. made in kentucky I think.
lots of other stuff is chinese made

+1. They're very low dusting.

In the past I had the Wagner Thermoquiet (on Ford and Chrysler vehicles) and the Bendix (Dodge and GM vehicles) with mixed results especially the Thermoquiet on a Ford.

For the past couple of years I have been using Raybestos Advanced Technology. Ceramic Disk. They have a few ceramic options but I am referring to the part numbers that start with ATD. I had a couple of stubborn applications including a Dodge Magnum where other pads properly installed still produced disk squeal. These pads are extremely well made, come with good quality mounting hardware and bed in nicely. Highly recommend

Akebono are the best choice.
19.gif

Akebono proACT are the best I've ever used, and I've had three sets of those. Made is USA for some apps.

I liked my thermoquiets, they're 90% the pad for half the price. I don't mind the monroe ceramics either, have them on the Highlander now and I'd buy them again.

Still, if you have the money Akebono is best but any of those are good IMO.

EDIT... that sounded pretty optimistic. I've had some BAD pads in my life. I've had pads I replaced a few thousand miles later I hated them so much. Don't remember what they were, they were the cheapest thing Checker auto had at the time (thinks back to lessons learned in his early 20's....).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 4ever4d
Akebono are the best choice.
19.gif

Hey, now, is there really any one brand of brake pads that's going to be the best in every car and every situation? Saying Akes are the best is like saying Mobil 1 is the best. It would be a lot fairer to say that if you pick them you're going to get something at least good and probably very good.

Originally Posted By: ProStreetCamaro
Quite a few good brake pads on the market. Bendix, wagner Thermoquiet, akebono. I tried out the napa adaptive one on my 07 yukon and they perform just like oem pads but they dont dust very much. All of the above will serve you well.

I agree. I've been very happy with the Adaptive One pads. Lifetime warranty against noise is nice. Never had a problem, but it is a nice feature.

They are probably making tenfold on those pads. First time seeing inner and outer pads with different ratings.

I guess they do emphasize "Two different pad formulations".

Last edited:
We have used several sets of Adaptive One pads from Napa on trucks.

Extremely nice pad, low dust, nary a squeak. Also very long lived.

Wagner TQ's are good, but squeal a bit sometimes for no reason. really good value pad.

I just bought a set of Platinums from AAP for one of my many Savana 3500's and only have a few hundred miles on them, but they are truly EXCELLENT as far as first impressions go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back