SMB products

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen the MSDS.....but the bottles at the dollar tree actually even list "Ethanol" as an "ingredient".....now, we all know ethanol IS a good "cleaner" (detergent?) - but this is one of those "iffy" products I may have to pass on
wink.gif

Considering our fuel already has "at least" 10% ethanol.....what's the deal with more ethanol....?

The dollar tree by me has the "Super Gas" "Fuel Injector" and one other "fuel" treatment.....they also have a Power Steering, and Brake Fluid.....now that may be an "OK" buy....if your car takes actual "PS" fluid.....i got it, and realized it was yellow/pale...and my PS fluid is "red" like ATF in my 88 Aries....so I passed on that :p I think I'll mix it up with my MMO batches I use at the pump HAHA....."proper chemical disposal" haha.

I have been using the SMB products from the Dollar Tree.They work fine .They have smoothed out an idle in my wifes Mazda,seem to add a bit of pep and a bit better mpg in my Tracker.

I was a bit dubious of them as the cleaners have a strong fishy odor.Then I read here that that odor is an indicator of pea inclusion.So that is good.

Give them a try,for a buck you don't have much to lose.

Yea, my biggest concern is the fact that ethanol appears to be their "carrier agent"....I did not notice any "problems" when I used the product(s) though
wink.gif
But I used them at about half the dosage :p

I have had great luck with smb. Even though it is from the dollar tree it have saved me $250.00 on a power steering pump, and all the hassle of having to change one. It is not hard to change it on my 92 Bonneville, but it is $249.00 saved. I bought the power steering fluid with additives in it. I also used to have a fit where it wouldn't run right every three months, but for only 6-8 seconds. SMB products helped it only happen every 6-8 months. I am more of a fan of SMB products than I am Gumout and companies like that. It has also given me 3 1/2 more mpg on my 92 Bonneville. I was so happy that two dollars saved me a $250.00 and a most likely cheap repair but a whole week tearing apart the engine.

https://www.smbintllc.com/products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back