mobil 1 filters now made by champion labs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil Branded Filter Limited Warranty

Mobil 1 Extended Performance, Mobil 1 motorcycle oil, Mobil oil, and Mobil air and cabin air filters (collectively, the “Mobil Branded Filter”), manufactured by Champion Laboratories, Inc. (“Champion Laboratories”), are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship. Any Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil filter proven defective during the engine or equipment manufacturer’s recommended service interval (or up to 15,000 miles of guaranteed protection when combined with fully synthetic motor oils) will be replaced at no charge by Champion Laboratories. Any Mobil 1 motorcycle oil, Mobil oil, or Mobil air and cabin air filter proven defective during the engine or equipment manufacturer’s recommended service interval will be replaced at no charge by Champion Laboratories.

In the event of an engine failure directly caused by a proven defective Mobil Branded Filter, Champion Laboratories will authorize restoration of the engine or equipment to a condition equivalent to that existing just before the failure.

This limited warranty does not include engine condition due to: normal wear; abnormal operation; negligence; abuse; or damage from casualty, shipment or accident.

Claims for engine or equipment repairs provided by this limited warranty must be submitted within 30 days after discovery of the damage. Champion Laboratories reserves the right to examine the engine or equipment and filter in order to determine the amount of damage and whether it was caused by a defective Mobil Branded Filter.

To file a claim, call Champion Laboratories, Inc. at 1-800-882-0890 or by email, [email protected]

This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other legal rights, which very from state to state.

The remedy provided here will be your only recovery against Champion Laboratories. You will not be able to recover incidental damages (for example, transportation costs to and from the Champion Laboratories representative for inspection of the equipment, loss of use, towing charges, bus fare, car rentals or other incidental damages) or consequential damages (the cost of repairing or replacing other property which was damaged because the filter was defective). Some states do not allow the exclusion of or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter Limited Warranty Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil filters, manufactured by Champion Laboratories, Inc. (“Champion Laboratories”), are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship. Any Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil filter proven defective during the engine or equipment manufacturer’s recommended service interval (or up to 15,000 miles of guaranteed protection when combined with fully synthetic motor oils) will be replaced at no charge by Champion Laboratories. In the event of an engine failure directly caused by a proven defective Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil filter, Champion Laboratories will authorize restoration of the engine or equipment to a condition equivalent to that existing just before the failure. This limited warranty does not include engine condition due to: normal wear; abnormal operation; negligence; abuse; or damage from casualty, shipment or accident. Claims for engine or equipment repairs provided by this limited warranty must be submitted within 30 days after discovery of the damage. Champion Laboratories reserves the right to examine the engine or equipment and filter in order to determine the amount of damage and whether it was caused by a defective Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil filter. To file a claim, call Champion Laboratories at 1-800-882-0890 or by email, [email protected] This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other legal rights, which very from state to state. The remedy provided here will be your only recovery against Champion Laboratories. You will not be able to recover incidental damages (for example, transportation costs to and from the Champion Laboratories representative for inspection of the equipment, loss of use, towing charges, bus fare, car rentals or other incidental damages) or consequential damages ( the cost of repairing or replacing other property which was damaged because the filter was defective). Some states do not allow the exclusion of or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
I thought those and K&N was always Champ Labs made.

Yeah, what does he mean by "now"? They've been made that was as far back as I can remember.

Isn't Champ Labs now owned by the same people (Rank Group) that now owns Fram as well? I personally would be inspecting closely any new M1 filter I bought-there's already evidence they've been cheapening the base plates on the Fram top-of-the-line Xtended Guards! Also not thrilled with the weasel language of "up to" and "rated for mfr.'s suggested interval", either!

Who cares if Champ Labs or Joe down-the-street makes them. They are made to Mobil specs and Mobil has its name on them and it will be the looser if quality is bad. Same goes for Amsoil Ea filters.

Champ labs has always manufactured M1 filters. Mobil is in the oil and fuel business. Champ is in the Filter business. Mobil is smart don't get into a business you know nothing about. hire somebody else to do it

Originally Posted By: abycat
The only oil filters I can 100% trust is mobil, k&N, and Wix. I think ill have to order that filter cutting tool sooner than later.

I gave up on Wix because for my applications (Caddy and my daughters Chevy), they are made in Korea. In the Chevy, when I removed the filter after the OCI, the media was all deformed and crushed like the filter wasn't the proper length. Design or quality control? I don't know.

I know that in many applications they are Made in USA and are superior filters , simply not for mine.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Originally Posted By: Smokefan1977
Champ labs has always manufactured M1 filters. Mobil is in the oil and fuel business. Champ is in the Filter business. Mobil is smart don't get into a business you know nothing about. hire somebody else to do it

I like the logic. Funny thing is, people use the same argument against Amsoil - "they know nothing about filters"!

As posted last night, the Filters are changing even though they are still made by Champion Labs. So be on the lookout and lets see what we get. I am going to be holding on to my older M1 EP filters to compare.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
As posted last night, the Filters are being cheapened even though they are still made by Champion Labs. So be on the lookout and lets see what we get. I am going to be holding on to my older M1 EP filters to compare.

There you go.
whistle.gif

Last edited:
I would laugh so hard...it would probably at least kill me, if the new ones had 'engineered media' endcaps, I'm giggling already just at the thought of it........

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: abycat
The only oil filters I can 100% trust is mobil, k&N, and Wix.

Amsoil gave up on Wix. At least for some sizes.

Are they using Donaldson now? If so, smart move
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Mobil 1 E-cores???

1 /
thumbsup2.gif
<---- inverse function = thumbs down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back